R button on the phone

Use R button for attendet transfer, hello i need to use R button which exise at ANY phone to perform attended transfer, how can i do that?
wright no R is working like onHole for sip users, but for fxs users it does nothing.
Help me out please

back up a sec. R button? I’ve seen a ton of phones and I have never seen a phone with an R button. Perhaps you mean Redial? or is this something special your country has? one of the extra DTMF columns (but I thought that was ABCD)…

It’s a FLASH button, probably on European phones.

I have seen a tonns of phones and all of them had it, like
ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B … ZZZZZ_.jpg

you notice a R button on the bottom left side

Maybe it’s only available on European phones, and on business phones at that. It’s like Esc in vi, ie. send a signal to the PBX to switch to function mode. It looks like it’s on its way out, and being replaced with menus in LCDs.

mistergooddeal.com/partage/i … 0974_N.jpg

For instance, to transfer a call:

1. Hit R
  2. Dial the remote extension to which you want to transfer the call
  3. Talk to that person. If he accepts the call, just hang up, and the call will be transfered. If he doesn’t, hit R again to recover the call.

I don’t know what R actually stands for (“Redial”?), and whether Asterisk handles it when used with such a phone and an ATA.

on european analog phones, the R key is just hook flash.

On many pbx, even the smallest ones, it provides a function not seen in asterisk: smart transfer

press R and dial party to connect to: if you wait, it is attended xfer. If you just hangup, it is unattended.
If you are talking to the new party, and press R again, you get connected to the original caller

[quote]press R and dial party to connect to: if you wait, it is attended xfer. If you just hangup, it is unattended. [/quote] Exactly, this is just what i need!

ah, i think that can be enabled in zapata.conf… i know * has some kind of hookflash based transfer ability…

if someone know hot to enable this feature, i will be very thankfull.

just search for ‘flash’ in your zapata.conf file
or here voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … apata.conf

In my zapata.conf all the parameters seems to be enabled by default, so if you will see the same in yours then you probably have different timings set on the phone and on *.
What do you see/hear now when you’re pressing the R button during the call?

ok i have activated the feature
theewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes in zapata.conf
the problem is that for fxs i have a error message for R button being pressed:
sip_indictate: Don’t know how to indicate condition 9
ast_indicate_data: Unable to handle indication 9 for Sip/client
I have searched the web for this kind of error, i have found peoples having errors like: “Don’t know how to indicate condition 3” and it was indicatios.conf related. I dont know what to do, i thought that my country is not well set, but i have defaultzone=fr and loadzone=fr in zaptel.conf. If someome able to help me, i would be gratefull.
Thank you.

and modify the file features.conf???

i have the next:

atxfer => *7

i have asked on this forum, but i have a problem of delay on the features delay, i need to press them really fast to get it work, and even if i set featuredigittimeout=10000 nothing changes, any ideas?

What version do you use?

I have solved many problem with cvs version of asterisk, if you use the “original” 1.4.0 i thik to upgrade-it.

i am using SVN r-53885

What do you appear in the CLI when you press the “R” button?

For me don’t appear any characters, i think asterisk don’t recognize it or is the ata setting wrong, and for you?

[quote=“mtrentin”]What do you appear in the CLI when you press the “R” button?

For me don’t appear any characters, i think asterisk don’t recognize it or is the ata setting wrong, and for you?[/quote]
i wrote my messages upper in this topic