Queues.conf static SIP members

Hi,

I’m trying to define static SIP members in queues.conf. I don’t want to use agents/agents.conf.

I can get my queues working, with music on hold, when adding SIP members via the CLI

But if I try and define this in the conf file, it doesn’t work.
Queues.conf

Result in CLI

queue show 0 (SIP/1101) (Invalid) has taken no calls yet

I understand the members are stored into asterisk’s database if persistentmembers is enabled. However, I’d like to define them in the conf file as I’ll be transferring them around.

Does anyone know what I’m missing/doing wrong?

Thank you!

I think you have a syntax error, but need to see what you actually used.

That one line of code is it. Here’s the remaining code for queues.conf- which works without that one line of code (member => SIP/1101), and when adding the member via the CLI instead.

[code][general]
persistentmembers=yes
autofill=yes
monitor-type=MixMonitor
shared_lastcall=no

[SA]
music=default
strategy=ringall
eventwhencalled=yes
timeout=15
retry=1
wrapuptime=0
maxlen=0
announce-frequency=0
announce-holdtime=no
member => SIP/1101[/code]

Cheers.

I was being confused by the “0” due to the lack of a member name.

When it says invalid, it means there is no section [100] in sip.conf. Note that the use of such easily guessable device names, in particular ones matching their primary extension number, is bad security practice, which was re-iterated in a general email from Digium, last week.

Hi,

Security is not a concern here, as this is for a personal demo system and will not be used live. However, thank you for your advice.

The line “0 (SIP/1101) (Invalid) has taken no calls yet” is exactly as it appears from the CLI, after typing “queue show”. This is received upon presence of the line of code, “member => SIP/1101”, in queues.conf.

I haven’t used context/exten [100] anywhere? I have context [1001] in my sip.conf file.

sip.conf file
[1001]
type=friend
context=RANDOM_CONTEXT
host=dynamic

My question is why am I getting the “(Invalid)” issue when adding “member => SIP/1101” in queues.conf, and not when typing “queue add member SIP/1101 to SA” at the CLI?

For example, here is the “queue show” output after typing “queue add member SIP/1101 to SA”: SIP/1101 (dynamic) (Unavailable) has taken no calls yet
This is valid.

I’m only looking to be able to statically define a member in the queues.conf file, instead of using agents, or typing anything at the CLI.

Thank you.