Question about Asterisk's capabilities

I am currently evaluating Asterisk to replace an old proprietary phone system. Can anyone share their experiences with the following questions:

An incoming number (e.g. customer support) is programmed to ring multiple extensions simultaneously. Should none of these extensions
answer, can the system initiate the ‘follow me’ function? In doing so the system could try a list of extensions and external phone numbers until there was an answer. If there was no answer the system would finally direct the phone call to a voicemail box. Is this possible?

When using ‘follow me’, how many different phone numbers or extensions can the system try in addition to the original extension?

Can the sytem host teleconferences? If so, how many participants both internal and external can join a single conference?

How many numbers can be stored on the central speed dial list?

How many numbers can be stored on the handset speed dail list?

How many numbers can be stored in the handset’s caller ID history?

Can the handsets dial numbers directly from the caller ID history?

What types of incoming T1 lines can the system accommodate?

What other types of incoming digital lines can the system accommodate?

How many analog lines can the system accommodate?

Any answers you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Lot of questions…lol :astonished:

An incoming number (e.g. customer support) is programmed to ring multiple extensions simultaneously. Should none of these extensions
answer, can the system initiate the ‘follow me’ function? In doing so the system could try a list of extensions and external phone numbers until there was an answer. If there was no answer the system would finally direct the phone call to a voicemail box. Is this possible?
Yes but it does get tricky sending calls to cell phones

When using ‘follow me’, how many different phone numbers or extensions can the system try in addition to the original extension?
Depends on Lines and Bandwidth for VOIP calls

Can the sytem host teleconferences? If so, how many participants both internal and external can join a single conference?
Dont know

How many numbers can be stored on the central speed dial list?
Dont know

How many numbers can be stored on the handset speed dail list?
I would syay depends on handset

What types of incoming T1 lines can the system accommodate?
any

What other types of incoming digital lines can the system accommodate?
dont know

How many analog lines can the system accommodate?
2 4 port T1 cards run into channel banks you do the math