Problem with openvox b200E

Hello

After 3 years that i using elastix a thought to buy a better isdn card than the previous cards that i have was a good idea.!

But i have a small problem with the openvox B200E, I installed the card, elastix detected normally the card but the cart is not in service.
I spent too many hours but still nothing,

Any idea?

Thank you

From PBX->Tools run the command

dahdi show channels

post here the result.

You need to contact the vendor for hardware support.

Already tested it

Look like is in service but if i call the number the call does not comming inside,
If i call from the number i receiving the message all service are busy and in the hardware detector the ports are red (Channel detected and not in service)

Chan Extension Context Language MOH Interpret Blocked State Description
pseudo default default In Service
1 from-pstn default In Service
2 from-pstn default In Service
4 from-pstn default In Service
5 from-pstn default In Service

Run the command

pri show spans

if the command shows the two ports down and inactive then you have a problem with your cable (use a new ethernet cable) or the termination device. Make sure that you are connection to an S interface (digital).

If the command shows the two ports down but active then you might need to change the signalling.

In you dahdi channels file change the signalling from bri_cpe to bri_cpe_ptmp and reboot your pbx.

If nothing works then you have a problem with your lines and the provider should check it.

Hello again.

Thank you for your time
Here is the messages

before change the signalling

PRI span 1/0: In Alarm, Down, Active
PRI span 2/0: In Alarm, Down, Active

And is the same when change it

PRI span 1/0: In Alarm, Down, Active
PRI span 2/0: In Alarm, Down, Active

Dial your number and while you are hearing the ringing noise check again with the pri show spans, post here the results.

Post the model of the device that you connect to.

I would like to thank you for your time.
I solved my problem.
For me the problem was with the cable.

Thank you again.