Problem with Hangupcause 19 and 34

Hello,

We have recently installed an Asterisk system in an external facility. It manages around 100 public telephones, these telephones use several Gateways FXS when they performe voice calls (using a VoIP Provider), and one Gateway FXO in order to dial the number of a modem and send statistics every day (there are no inbound calls).

The voice communications work ok, but I’m having problems with the data communications. Everytime the Gateway FXO tries to communicate with the modem, I receive a “Hangupcause:19 - NO_ANSWER” or a “Hangupcause:34 - NORMAL_CIRCUIT_CONGESTION” error message (it takes 30 seconds until the call is dropped).

This is not the first time that we install this kind of system, so in theory everything should be well configured. ¿Any leads about what may cause the issue?

Regards.

What is your FXO gateway ? Did you test telephony cards as well ? Do have any fax solution setup using asterisk or hylafax ? If sending /receiving fax is ok your communication with modems should be too .

The FXO is a gateway that is conected directly to the an RTC line, so it’s used to phone a modem and send data to it. And no, we don’t use any kind of fax funcionality.

Regards

The FXO is a gateway that is conected directly to the an RTC line, so it’s used to phone a modem and send data to it. And no, we don’t use any kind of fax funcionality.

Regards[/quote]

I dont know what is RTC line . How do you send data from your asterisk ? do you have any program running in you asterisk server ? your net topology is not clear

Regards[/quote]

I dont know what is RTC line . How do you send data from your asterisk ? do you have any program running in you asterisk server ? your net topology is not clear[/quote]I’m sorry, I used the term in my own language, I meant a regular PSTN.

So basically, when a specific number is dialled in the phone, Asterisk orders the Gateway FXO to phone the destination number (which is a regular modem) using a conventional phone line (connected through an rj11 connector). However, everytime it tries to do that, I receive a Hangupcause 0, 19 or 34 after 30 seconds (the timeout that is set in the dial command). So in theory, the call fails because I don’t receive an answer from the destination, but calling directly using the PSTN works right (I mean, not using Asterisk or the FXO), so I don’t know what is the cause of call no reaching its destination.

Regards