Possible to resend messages stored in logs?

If I have an SMS stored in a log is it possible to reattempt transmission from the stored message?

Theoretically yes but more details are need, how are you sending the SMS because the same process to send can be used to reattempt

An SMS comes into a gateway and is sent to Asterisk. Asterisk processes the SMS and sends it off to another gateway (as a SIP message). The received message is stored in a log with timestamp, send and recive party info and message body. I would like to send that exact message off somehow using the logged information but not even sure how to start processing that.

In the same way you do this

. Asterisk processes the SMS and sends it off to another gateway (as a SIP message).

You can retrieve the SMS stored on the log file and pass it to the Asterisk dial plan, you can use python or PHP to complete this task

There is no message store in Asterisk or queueing. If it fails to send, then it fails to send. Any mechanism for retrying would have to be done outside.

I dont know if this is helpful to anyone, but we opted to use Sendmail via the OS not Asterisk to get the messages from the logs out over SMTP.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.