Polycom IP 4000 Install

All,

I have a Fonality version:

PBXtra ® Call Center Edition v4.1.1-p47 :: © 2014 Fonality, Inc.

I have added 2 Polycom IP 4000 conference phones and configured them.

I added the 2 extension numbers and associated them with the outside lines.

The devices “Polycom IP 4000” never show up in the the “Phones/Devices” dropdown list!

Therefore the status never properly updates and I get no recognition of the devices. In some Asterisk based systems device drivers are needed for a new device, but I can not find a way to add the device or device driver to enable this.

Please inform if you know how to get these devices to work!

I have not found anything online that addresses this problem correctly!

Thanks!

TBNK

That appears to be their commercial version. I think they still provide support for that, although Trixbox is abandonware.

To bypass them, you will need to provide logging, output from sip show peers, etc.

[quote=“david55”]That appears to be their commercial version. I think they still provide support for that, although Trixbox is abandonware.

To bypass them, you will need to provide logging, output from sip show peers, etc.[/quote]

Since the Fonality PBXtra does not use the default MySQL DB, blowing this and converting to Elastix, but will take forever, since I can only work this 4 hours a night, can not take the customer down for any reason (thus nights) and will have to:
[ul]
[li]Pull T1 card from working Fonality box, put into new box, configure T1 (public IP for SIP trunks, etc.) and call routing (1 nights work),[/li]
[li]Return to original box for next morning ops,[/li]
[li]Put T1 back into Elastix box (2nd & 3rd nights),[/li]
[li]Manually add extensions to Elastix box from Fonality PBXtra CP (probably 2 nights work),[/li]
[li]Put T1 back into Elastix box (4th night),[/li]
[li]Find and backup all Voice Mails from Fonality and move to Elastix,[/li]
[li]Put T1 back into Elastix box (5th night),[/li]
[li]Find and backup all E-Mails from Fonality and move to Elastix,[/li]
[li]Put T1 back into Elastix box (5th night),[/li]
[li]Find and backup/move all misc. stuff to Elastix,[/li][/ul]
Unless some of you know a way to autograb all the Fonality PBXtra bullcrap and put it into a conversion program to get it back to original Asterisk DB and format.

I sure will not recommend this Fonality crap to any of my other customers.

If I can establish remote access to both boxes might speed this up a bit, but Computer Network Geek has not opened the needed ports on the router yet, even though I told him had to be “live” tonight, so wasted most of my time here tonight!

Cheers!

TBNK