Play audio file on channel that is in ConfBridge

Good morning. First - a HUGE thanks for setting me on the right track. The response was extremely detailed and very helpful. I’ve made progress and feel I’m much closer but still no luck getting the audio file to play.

Here’s what I’ve done:

In the CLI, issued module load app_chanspy.so and the module successfully loads.

In extensions.conf, I added this:

[stoneware]
exten => whisper,1,Answer()
same => n,Verbose(Whisper to: ${CHANNEL_TO_PLAY_ON})
same => n,ChanSpy(${CHANNEL_TO_PLAY_ON},w)
same => n,Verbose(This line never shows up and the sound file never plays)
same => n,Hangup()

I connect to the call like usual (and enter ConfBridge) and then have my application issue the following command via AMI:

{
“Action”:“Originate”,
“Channel”:“Local/whisper@stoneware”,
“Application”:“Playback”,
“Data”:“indiana”,
“Variable”:“CHANNEL_TO_PLAY_ON=SIP/52.11.111.111-000002ab”
}
(note: I did manually change my IP for this post to keep mine private)

When the Originate cmd runs, in the Asterisk CLI I see the following output:

Whisper to: SIP/52.11.111.111-000002ab

So this Verbose output shows the channel variable with the channel is being passed correctly and that I am getting to that new whisper extension.

It seems like the extension gets to the ChanSpy line and nothing happens. The sound file does not play. I never end up at the second Verbose line (maybe I’m not supposed to?).

Makes me think maybe my arguments for ChanSpy aren’t correct? Is there a way to pull up debug for ChanSpy to help track this down?

When my users first connect, I put them in a conference with ConfBridge. Would this audio file still be able to get through even while they are in ConfBridge?

Thanks in advance - the help here has been wonderful!!

matt