Pickup live calls .. maybe RedirectChannel

Good evening,

I have a problem with my running DECT headsets. So far I ca ntake calls with the DECT headsets but unfortunately after I have the call on the DECT headset I cannot transfer the calls elsewhere just hang up.

Is there a possibility to take another phone and dial some pattern to pick up the the live call from the headset. Can I do this with RedirectChannel?

I already tried but I have to enter the Channel which is Extension-Unique ID. How do I get to know the unique ID to transfer the call.

Hope somebody can help.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Channel names do not involve the Unique ID. Except for local channels, they should not be simply based on an extension number. If you have a channel name that looks like SIP/extension-xxxxxxxxx, you have a security problem, as it is easy to guess valid usernames to start a password attack on the system.

The easiest way of getting the channel name without using AMI is to save in a global variable.

Once you have the channel name, you should use the Bridge application.

The Pickup application can do this sort of thing for unanswered calls, but I have no experience of it. It might even work for answered calls.