Phone # not connecting to asterisk

Hello

I recently installed a2billing and I got a DID from vbuzzer.com so I can call it from my phone line, to test it.

I think I’m connection to vbuzzer correctly, because if Asterisk is closed and if I call the # it goes to the vbuzzer’s mailbox, but if Asterisk is running a automated massage says the # is not assigned :confused: . When I start Asterisk it says: peer ‘vbuzzer’ is now Reachable. so I think it connect correctly

Could this be because of my extensions.conf setup? This is how my extensions.conf looks like:

[a2billing]
; CallingCard application
exten => _x.,1,Answer
exten => _x.,2,Wait,2
exten => _x.,3,DeadAGI,a2billing.php
exten => _x.,4,Wait,2
exten => _x.,5,Hangup

Is anything wrong in the extensions.conf file that is not letting the call go thou?

Thanks in advance

chances are the call is being routed wrong.

see with * getting the SIP to connect is only half the battle. You then have to route the call, this is done by setting the context= in sip.conf for your vbuzzer peer. for you it would probably be a2billing context.

also a tip- in sip.conf register by peer name. For example instead of
register => user:password@server.vbuzzer.com

register => user:password@vbuzzer
then
[vbuzzer]
host=
context=
etc

asterisk will associate the ‘vbuzzer’ bit with the peer def. below and then use the right context…

This is how my sip.conf looks like:

[general]
register => arya6000:mypassword:arya6000@vbuzzer.com:80/14162738101

[vbuzzer]
type=friend
user=arya6000
host=vbuzzer.com
port=80
fromdomain=vbuzzer.com
fromuser=arya6000
secret=mypassword
username=arya6000
insecure=very
context=inbound ; Or whichever context you would like incoming calls to be placed to.
authname=arya6000
dtmf=rfc2833
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
nat=yes ; Even if not behind a nat, use nat=yes
useragent=vbuzzer/1.0
disallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
qualify=200

right now the context is set to inbound, would that have to be change to a2billing?

Thanks

WOW

I tried that and it worked :smile:

Thank You