Phantom "inuse" values...counter not resetting

So I finally upgraded my * box from a way-old version (<1.0) to 1.4.0 last night. So far, love the performance & quality improvements and haven’t even begun to touch any new features.

I migrated my old extensions.conf over and made what I believe to be the appropriate changes to get it up to spec (updated all the SetVars to Sets, removed the DBGets & DBPuts, etc.)

I’m having one major problem now – throughout the day, several phones just stop working and all calls begin to get “rejected”. I discovered that what appears to be happening is that the “in use” counter (sip show inuse) bumps up against the limit, even when the lines are not actually in use!

So just now, I noticed that one line had a listing of “3/0” with a limit of 3. All calls to that extension were being rejected, but there were no active calls. Only way to fix the problem was to restart the asterisk process. Then all is clean for a bit until the counters hit the limit again and calls stop working.

Obviously this isn’t workable, so I’m coming here to see if anyone has any idea what I’m talking about. The band-aid solution I’m using now is to run a cron script to do a ‘restart when convenient’ every 30 mins in the hopes of resetting the server before the limit is hit. Clearly a terribly solution, but I can’t have the company crippled while trying to figure this out.

Any ideas?? I’m happy to provide as much additional info / traces / logs as necessary to solve this…thanks in advance folks!

nlh

i am getting the same issue on one of my pbxs but my limit is set to 1 so it can be an issue.

i am using 1.4.4

any ideas

[quote=“dazza76”]i am getting the same issue on one of my pbxs but my limit is set to 1 so it can be an issue.

i am using 1.4.4

any ideas[/quote]

This bugs was resolved in 1.4.9…
I suggest to upgrade now to 1.4.12.