Pause between originate and application?

I'm originating a call that is going to our PA extension.  The MP3Player app then plays a sound file.  It works but the first second or so of the played file gets cut off when the PA device answers.  Is there a way to insert a delay between when the call is originated and the MP3Player application starts playing the file?

I’m originating a call that is going to our PA extension. The MP3Player app then plays a sound file. It works but the first second or so of the played file gets cut off when the PA device answers. Is there a way to insert a delay between when the call is originated and the MP3Player application starts playing the file?

Yes, but you have to use the other form of originate.

I only see one form of originate…

http://phpagi.sourceforge.net/phpagi2/docs/phpAGI/AGI_AsteriskManager.html#methodOriginate

1. A better source for simple documentation would have been “manager show command originate” at the CLI prompt. The API you have there is not really part of Asterisk, but is just a PHP translation of the API based on built-in help information.

2. There are two combinations of options, which contain some incompatible options. These are the two versions.

Use $context,$exten,$priority instead of $application and in a dialplan in specified context you can put wait before playing a file.

–Satish Barot
satish4asterisk@gmail.com

Ok… thanks david55 and satish4asterisk!