Page() paging application problem

I just disabled iptables entirely, and I still had the same problem. I checked /etc/sysconfig/iptables and made sure that the full range of RTP ports (10000-20000) is open. This matches whats in rtp.conf.

Hey…Any luck figuring out what may be wrong?

Hello guys. I have exactly the same problem but no solutions. Sorry.
I am searching solutions, I want to cooperate, let me know if I can do something for you.

I’ve tried everything, and I think the forum is just about out of ideas. I’m going to upgrade to 1.4 beta 2 and see if that fixes anything. I may call Digium to see if they can fix it.

-Michael

Thought I’d add…

I used X-Lite (with auto-answer enabled) and after 4 seconds, it hung up, like all of the other phones.

If anyone has ANY information that might help, please post.

Thanks,
Michael

same issue reported in FreePBX forums

no relief there either …

freepbx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1547#1547

Maybe we need to get Digium on this, to see if they can help!

-Michael

I use the page funtion all the time with not problems…

I am going over all your notes, and seeing if I can see what the issue is.

We have all Polycom 601 and 430 phones here and everything works GREAT… not seeing any issues what so ever…

Ohh yeah and Im using 1.2.10

What’s up I started a new thread not realizing this is a known problem.

I have two 1.2.12.1 setups with polycoms and GXP-2000s, one works no problem, one works for about 4 seconds and all the stations being paged hang up, but the one paging is still going.

Here’s my description of the problem: forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=10172

Seems widespread enough though.

Here is what I have, but have done it many different ways, all seem to work fine:

this is for standard paging:
Dial extension 4500 pages all non-active phones, except the ones listed in the agi

exten => 4500,1,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute) = 10)
exten => 4500,n,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer) ; 4 digit extensions
exten => 4500,n,AGI(page.agi|2800,2801,2802,2803,2804,2805,2806,2807,2808,2809,2810, \ 2811,2812,2813,2814,2815,2816,2817,2818,2819,2820,2821,2822,2823,2824,2825,2826,2827,2829,2830)
exten => 4500,n,Page(${PAGE_GROUP})
exten => 4500,n,Hangup

here is another example just with the Page();

[offices]
exten => *96,1,Goto(intercom,s,1)

[intercom]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Playback(beep)
exten => s,3,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=5)
exten => s,4,WaitExten(10)

exten => *,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Auto Answer) ; This is for our Polycom Phones
exten => *,2,AGI(page.agi)
exten => *,3,n,Page(${PAGE_GROUP})

exten => _XXXX,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer) ; 4 digit extensions
exten => _XXXX,2,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}|10|M(soundtest))

[macro-soundtest]
exten => s,1,Playback(beep)
exten => s,n,Wait(1)
exten => s,n,Hangup

With this example a user in the offices context dials *96 and then is presented with a beep, they can press * to page all extensions, or an individual extension - when an individual extension is paged, the phone being pages will ring-auto pickup, and then play a beep before the page is initated.

I also setup a Bell Scheduling system that uses the same techniques, except uses CRON to create .call files at specific times in order to create a page group and play sounds…

I will help you as much as possible, but dont know where to start…

edit : edited by baconbuttie to reduce sideways scroll

Good news. Digium knows about this problem, and they are having developers look it over. Apparently, other people are having the same problem. I’ll keep you guys posted.

-Michael

Here is the bug tracker for this problem:

bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7967

Its confirmed: IT WORKS!

Just download the file and do this:

cd /usr/src/asterisk-1.2.12.1/apps patch -p0 < app_page-patch.txt

(asterisk-1.2.12.1 is my version of asterisk, yours could be different)

-Michael

Hey guys, I know all you true asterisk people can’t stand Trixbox but I am learning. I am having this same problem with my Polycom 501s but I can’t find the “apps” folder. The only “asterisk” folder I have in /usr/src is “asterisk-Perl-0.08” I am running Asterisk 1.2.12.1 as well as Trixbox 1.2.2.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ask the creators of TrixBox where the source is. if it’s not included, it’s probably a violation of the GPL.

you could download the source from digium yourself, but you’ll find that various bits stop working as the TB source is patched with assorted “extras”

and … who broke this thread :unamused:

Was this fixed in 1.2.13 ???

i read the changelog but couldnt tell if it specifically addressed this

anyone know if it does ?