Outbound Calling through OBI110 from SIP phone

Hi,

I have been scouring the interwebs looking for someone who has done this but I haven’t found anyone with this specific configuration.

I am using an OBI110 voice service bridge to convert my POTS line to SIP and process the calls through Asterisk. This allows me to screen the calls with the “no solicitors” message and allow real users to press 1 to ring my actual home phone, This is working beautifully along with a web based blacklist/whitelist to allow friends to connect straight through and blocked numbers get the “no longer in service” message.

Being the eternal tinkerer I found a Cisco 7960 SIP phone at the thrift store and brought it home. I’ve got it working fine with the SIP firmware and it’s sending calls to my Asterisk system. My problem is I don’t know how to configure the sip.conf and extensions.conf to route calls out through the OBI110 and out the POTS line. I’m not even sure if it’s possible. I would think I need to have something in these config files that tells Asterisk to send calls from my 7960 to the OBI110.

I’ve tried a ton of configurations and am getting the message:

[Jun 3 21:50:19] NOTICE[20482] chan_sip.c: Call from ‘1260’ (10.0.0.162:50495) to extension ‘9913030’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘from-cisco’.

in my Asterisk messages log file. 9913030 in the message above is the number I dialed on my Cisco phone.

My sip.conf includes this:

[1260]
type=friend
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
nat=no
username=1260
secret=secret
context=from-cisco
canreinvite=no
callerid=<1260>

1260 is the extension number of my Cisco phone.

What I’m really missing is the extensions.conf entries that go with this to direct the call to the OBI110.

Sorry for the long winded post, any pointers would be appreciated!

In the context from-cisco just put the following

exten => _XXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/trunk_name_of_the_OBI110/${EXTEN})

if you have configured right the OBI110 for outgoing calls it should work.

There should be an _ before the first X.

Also please review your sip.conf. Although it is working well enough you have various obsolete/deprecated parameters, for most people, type=peer is better than type=friend, in this context, defaultuser (new name) is probably redundant, as is is probably callerid.

David is right made a couple of mistakes there, this should work

exten => _XXXXX.,1,Dial(SIP/trunkname_of_the_OBI110/${EXTEN})