I post only, as 39 views haven’t generated a response in the AsteriskNow forum…ideas anyone?
-Im awaiting two books; trying to help myself -don’t want all the answers, just some ideas from those whom may have done similar.
I’m finally ready to take the plunge and hope to fully migrate away from the exploits of Nortel and to Asterisk w/in the coming months.
I’ve done lots of reading, but hope to hear some best practices etc from those whom have experienced the good and bad.
Currently I have an option11 consisting of approximately:
120 M3904 and M2616 Nortel Phones
30-40 analog lines for fax, breakrooms etc
2) Line Side T1s for our Predictive/CTI Dialer
- Callpilot server connecting two sites and another Option11 (siteB)
*Across both sites we have approximately 450 DIDs; 2 per user (for dual line, personal fax (via CallPilot), 800 #s, fax etc.
Phase 1 of my plan involves the following:
- Creating a link between Asterisk and Option11; via PRI and ____?
(Hardware necessary for Asterisk server)
- Configure protocol (slips mind at moment, learned of from trusted
Nortel Engineer); basically allows communication between two boxes
forwarding of DIDs to Asterisk Box
ex: 6748 currently programmed in opt11; IDC or routing table to
add 5th digit (56748) will forward over PRI to Asterisk?
- Segregate into groups users/departments and phase over to Asterisk
server and IP Aastra model phones
- Upon completion, Callpilot server will be relocated to siteB; DIDs
- Backbone infrastructure will be connected to Asterisk server.
So my questions are:
What are the flaws w/my plan?
What are the limitations?
What hardware is necessary at Asterisk server level?
*I hope to utilize IP based phones throughout building (including CTI Dialer ie. Touchstar)
What is Asterisk’s answer to Callpilot unified messaging (Outlook connector)?
I welcome any feedback and beseech community experts for your knowledge and advice.
Thanks in advance,