OpenVox A400P: Device not configured (6)

Colleagues, tell me, please, how can I solve my problem!

I use a PCI-board OpenVox A400P with four FXO modules. I always receive the same error during initialization: DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Device not configured (6)

My operating system - FreeBSD 10.3
I have installed - dahdi-2.4.0rc5_7 and dahdi-kmod-2.4.0rc5_7

In /etc/rc.conf I have init lines:

dahdi_enable="YES"
dahdi_modules=“wctdm”

My PCI-card is visible on the bus as follows:

pciconf -lv
[…]
none3@pci0:1:10:0: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
vendor = 'Tiger Jet Network Inc.'
device = 'Tiger3XX Modem/ISDN interface’
class = network
none4@pci0:1:10:1: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network
none5@pci0:1:10:2: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network
none6@pci0:1:10:3: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network
none7@pci0:1:10:4: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network
none8@pci0:1:10:5: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network
none9@pci0:1:10:6: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network
none10@pci0:1:10:7: class=0x028000 card=0x00000004 chip=0x0001e159 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
class = network

In /usr/local/etc/dahdi/system.conf:

fxsks=1-4
echocanceller=mg2,1-4

loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

dahdi_cfg tells me:

dahdi_cfg -vvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.4.0-rc1

DAHDI Version: 2.4.0-rc5
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels to configure.

DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: Device not configured (6)

In the past, I did not have such problems on FreeBSD 9.3.
What am I doing wrong and how to solve this problem?

Ogogon.

The general principle here is that for hardware related problems with PCI cards you should contact the commercial support channel of the hardware vendor.

Most of the expertise in this area on the forum lies with Digium employees and they have a policy of not responding to such questions, here, even for their own products, let alone competitors’.

It’s sad to hear such confessions. Such a policy testifies to pettiness, and not nobility. Something very plebeian…
I believe that this is another argument in favor of thinking about the systematic transfer of all my nodes to the FreeSWITCH platform.

Ogogon.

You are also using an unsupported platform, FreeBSD. DAHDI was ported to that platform by a third party individual.

Allow me to express my surprise. This is somewhat broadens the topic of the discussion, but still it does not go away from it.

FreeBSD, in a sense, is one of the oldest UNIX-like operating systems. She is very reliable, simple and logical. It is very convenient as a working platform.
Really, the “Digium employees” mentioned here have not been able to study it yet? Do they have problems with intelligence?

Once upon a time, the very first implementation of the Zaptel system was developed on the FreeBSD platform.
And now, a “third party individual” portes DAHDI to FreeBSD. And the “Digium employees”, instead of experiencing shame, decide to blame this circumstance!

I apologize if I spoke sharply. But to ask this questions is very logical.

Ogogon.

For the avoidance of doubt, I’m not a Digium employee, although I believe that JColp is.

@ogogon

I apologise if I speak sharply, but to ask these questions is very logical:

1. What is the logical link between the reputed virtues of FreeBSD and its use in connection with Asterisk?

2. What is the logical connection between the economic value of troubleshooting problems against FreeBSD platform targets and “intelligence”?

3. What is the basis for the perception that Digium are obligated to support FreeBSD, to investigate FreeBSD-related problems, or to “experience shame” in any context connected to your enquiry?

I am but I have nothing else to contribute to this thread. I do not work on DAHDI 'nor do I have experience configuring or debugging it.

I’m sorry, but I’m grateful to you anyway…

Do you always answer questions with questions?

No, not always. But there is a certain type of question—characteristically raised by a person of a comically entitled mindset, who believes the world owes them something on a basis other than a strictly voluntary one, and who endeavours to “educate” the world as to the debt they owe—which, honestly, raises more questions than answers…

1 Like

@ogogon You need to step back and take stock of the situation.

As I understand it, you have a card from a hardware vendor who is not Digium, and you are demanding, in morally prescriptive terms, that Digium, who are not the hardware vendor, assist you with it, and on an unsupported OS platform no less—a platform that will remain unsupported no matter the affectionate regard in which you hold it or the lyrical encomiums you sing to it.

Someone made the point that most of the hardware expertise on this forum lies with Digium, and made the practical suggestion that you contact your vendor’s support channels. If you have a question about the motivation for this guidance, you can certainly ask it politely, but if you proceed to “school” people on their obligations to you and how they ought to be “ashamed”, you can expect responses as insolent and arbitrary as your questions, in substance and in delivery alike.

1 Like

The problem is solved!

dahdi: Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
dahdi: Version: 2.4.0-rc5
wctdm0: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=b100
wctdm0: <Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F> port 0xe800-0xe8ff mem 0xfbfff000-0xfbffffff irq 16 at device 8.0 on pci1
Freshmaker version: 71
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed – AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 1: Installed – AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed – AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed – AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F (4 modules)
dahdi_echocan_mg2: Registered echo canceler 'MG2’
dahdi: Registered tone zone 40 (Russian Federation)

root%dahdi_cfg -vvvv
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.4.0-rc1

DAHDI Version: 2.4.0-rc5
Echo Canceller(s): MG2
Configuration

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 01)
Channel 02: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 02)
Channel 03: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 03)
Channel 04: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: mg2) (Slaves: 04)

4 channels to configure.

Setting echocan for channel 1 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 2 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 3 to mg2
Setting echocan for channel 4 to mg2

I thank everyone who really helped me - myself.
I thank everyone who has not helped me in any way.
Separate gratitude to stupid morons who had nothing to advise and so they provoked a flame and taught to live. Do not feed trolls here.

“Digium employees” - probably you are great guys!

Ogogon.