Offline phone in call queue going directly to voicemail

Now that my entire team has gone remote we are occasionally running into issues where members of a queue will lose connectivity at their home, sending all calls for the entire queue they are a member of to their personal voicemail. Is there a quick way to prevent this?
Thank you for your assistance

You can probably use a local channel to set up the call and challenge the agent to confirm they are really there, but I haven’t worked through the details.

if regular sip phone dont let redirect to other dest

I think the OP is talking about the personal domestic phones of the employees, which are likely to be PSTN, rather than SIP, and for which the individual controls the configuration and the employer cannot reasonably ask them not to use specific features.

Use local queue accounts and then a presence/state check in your dialplan for the devices, such as:

same => n,Set(State=${EXTENSION_STATE(${ext}@ext-${ext})})
same => n,Set(Presence=${PRESENCE_STATE(CustomPresence:${device},value)})		
same => n,Verbose("${Presence}" status set for device ${device} with state "${State}")
same => n,GotoIf($["${State}"="UNAVAILABLE"]?endcall)	
same => n,GotoIf($["${State}"="INUSE"]?endcall)	
same => n,GotoIf($[${Presence}=available]?ringphone)	
same => n,GotoIf($[${Presence}=not_set]?ringphone:endcall)	
same => n(ringphone),Dial(${device},8)	
same => n(endcall),Hangup()	

this will cause that channel to close if they are unavailable or already on a call, leaving all the others to ring as they should. as for if it is cell phones and not sip phones. you might have luck using local channels/queue with a dial time under 12-16 s (where some cell phones auto pickup to voicemail) and just making sure you tell the users not to ignore the call- but let it ring through if they are unavailable or already on a call because ‘ignore’ will sometimes trigger an ‘answer’ on the cell phone side as its ‘answering’ to voicemail.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.