Not able to page through my asterisk phone

Hi

I have asterisk 1.2.1 installed in my office. For outbound calling we have taken a IAX2 Trunk from Prescient World wide. I tried paging someone by dialing his pager number through my SIP Phone. After beep i have to press the number on which we want the person to call us back. When i am trying to press my numbers the paging company system is not able to recorgnise the numbers. I feel my asterisk box is not passing the key press digits rightly to the paging company system.

Pls Help

you’ll need to provide a few more details. But for starters, can you otherwise call outside to other outside IVR systems and interact (e.g. your credit card company, an external voicemial system, etc.).

Also - check the dtmfmode settings on your outbound trunk and make sure it is dtmfmode=rfc2283.

p

Hi

[quote]Also - check the dtmfmode settings on your outbound trunk and make sure it is dtmfmode=rfc2283[/quote] The trunk is IAX so DTMF is always inline. Its correct that the phone needs to be checked, Also that the supplier though providing you with IAX may be backing this off though SIP thats incorrectly setup.

Personally I would check that other services that require DTMF work, If not check your phone.

Ian

oops - was thinking sip channel … thanks

p