No sound

I’m working my way through my first config setup here and I have run into an issue. I now have communicaion between extensions and i have setup an IPKALL number for testing purposes but i can’t hear the other user calling in. They can hear me fine but i can’t hear them. i have tried three or four softphones on three different devices with exactly the same outcome. I’m not sure if this is related but when i set up a test conf using “playback” asterisk told me this was a bad command AND when I run asterisk i get an error (insensitive=very) ‘very’ no such command. Is there an issue that may connect all of these problems or are they separate issues?

If you actually meant “insecure” rather than “insensitive”, the “very” option was removed, in favour of listing the options that it selects, individually. This was probably done becaue ITSPs were telling people to use very, when they really should only have been using one of the options. Unfortunately, the result was simply that everyone started listing both options.

In any case, as far as I can see, remotesecret is a better solution to the problem that most ITSPs were trying to solve.

are you set in sip.conf in general section localnet=x.x.x.x/yy ?