[NEWS] GTK Gui for monitoring and administration

Greetings.

I sincerely apologize if this is an inappropriate use of this forum.

I would like to announce a new software package intended to extend the functionality of Asterisk and ease daily maintenance and administration. The package is called Asterisk Manager Suite (AMS) and contains the following software:

A C library which acts as an abstraction layer to make the communication between applications and Asterisk’s Manager Interface easier.
A Proxy daemon for Asterisk’s Manager Interface that does several things including:
[ul]Implementing nearly all commands available through the Manager Interface
Providing a 3 tiered permission system which limits which events are seen and which commands are executable by clients
Maintaining statistics on agents and queues which are then optionally propagated as events to clients and/or saved in a DB file for later reporting
Translation of Asterisk events and commands between XML and Asterisk native format[/ul]

A GTK GUI application which acts as a front-end for the proxy server allowing admins to monitor and administrate dynamic configuration of the server (i.e. NOT the config files), originate calls, manage the internal database of Asterisk, etc. Managers (non-technical staff) also have limited abilities to manage people, monitor queues, view statistics, etc.
The GTK GUI has been ported to windows as well, binaries are available.

The entire suite is released under the GPL.

More information, screenshots and downloads can be found at amsuite.sourceforge.net

Again, please excuse this post if this is an inappropriate use of this forum.
Thanks!

very cool looking - will be downloading shortly.

thanks!

[quote=“samblack”]Greetings.

I would like to announce a new software package intended to extend the functionality of Asterisk and ease daily maintenance and administration. The package is called Asterisk Manager Suite (AMS) and contains the following software:

A C library which acts as an abstraction layer to make the communication between applications and Asterisk’s Manager Interface easier.
A Proxy daemon for Asterisk’s Manager Interface that does several things including:
Providing a 3 tiered permission system which limits which events are seen and which commands are executable by clients
Maintaining statistics on agents and queues which are then optionally propagated as events to clients and/or saved in a DB file for later reporting
Translation of Asterisk events and commands between XML and Asterisk native format[/ul]

A GTK GUI application which acts as a front-end for the proxy server allowing admins to monitor and administrate dynamic configuration of the server (i.e. NOT the config files), originate calls, manage the internal database of Asterisk, etc. Managers (non-technical staff) also have limited abilities to manage people, monitor queues, view statistics, etc.

More information, screenshots and downloads can be found at amsuite.sourceforge.net

Thanks![/quote]

Hi,

I have installed ama… How start the service … How to work with thi AMS.
Is there any documentation?

Regards,
Raguram P

[quote=“ragu.nm@gmail.com”][quote=“samblack”]Greetings.

Thanks![/quote]

Hi,

I have installed ama… How start the service … How to work with thi AMS.
Is there any documentation?

Regards,
Raguram P[/quote]

Hey there.
There is documentation both at amsuite.sourceforge.net (FAQ, Message Boards, etc.) and there is documentation in the source for all software packages.

There is extensive documentation that comes with the proxy as that’s the most complex to set up.

If you’re still having trouble after reading the docs, feel free to email me. My email is all over the docs and source code.

Cheers!

j