Newbie question about PRIs and Asterisk

Don’t attack me if this has been posted before. I couldn’t find anything on it.

I’m new to Linux and Asterisk and am looking at setting up either an @home server or Xorcom Rapid. What I want to be able to do is have users select specific PRIs when they make outbound calls. Let’s say I have 3 or 4 PRIs all with different numbers. I would like to be able to have the user select the specific number to call out of. Would this be possible with a Digium FXO card or similar. I’m thinking it might be possible with a Cisco (PRI card) and a RADIUS server.

Any input is appreciated. Thx.

I dont think you mean PRI but POTS. It could be done but I dont think your going to with @home you are going to have to manulaly edit the dialplan to do

No, I meant PRIs. They will be PRIs (23 channels for voice calls). This is just for a pilot/test.

So I guess, I’ll be using Xorcom Rapid then.

[quote=“nixage”]Don’t attack me if this has been posted before. I couldn’t find anything on it.

I’m new to Linux and Asterisk and am looking at setting up either an @home server or Xorcom Rapid. What I want to be able to do is have users select specific PRIs when they make outbound calls. Let’s say I have 3 or 4 PRIs all with different numbers. I would like to be able to have the user select the specific number to call out of. Would this be possible with a Digium FXO card or similar. I’m thinking it might be possible with a Cisco (PRI card) and a RADIUS server.

Any input is appreciated. Thx.[/quote]

Anyone have a clue on how to do this?

Yes pri works fine with asterisk route it any way you want look at these cards
the first ones in the list

digium.com/index.php?menu=pr … y=hardware

you could set it up to route calls based on several differnt things number dialed, by user or extension the call was coming from, Time of day,etc

For user selecting you can do it by defining each PRI channel as different trunks with different prefixes.

Cool. Thanks guys. I will check that out.