Newbie ivr question

Hello
I am an IVR consultant and I have been using Dialogic products for the past 7 years for creating IVR solutions.
Recently I have learned about Asterisk, and I have the following questions:
1- What is the main programming language / platform for developing IVR solutions using Asterisk? What I mean by IVR here is accessing databases through analog or digital phone lines (e.g. phone banking).
2- What are the available solutions to GUI builders of IVR solutions? i.e. using drag and drop gui environment to build the flow of the ivr solution?

thanks and best regards

[quote=“fadfodeh”]Hello
I am an IVR consultant and I have been using Dialogic products for the past 7 years for creating IVR solutions.
Recently I have learned about Asterisk, and I have the following questions:
1- What is the main programming language / platform for developing IVR solutions using Asterisk? What I mean by IVR here is accessing databases through analog or digital phone lines (e.g. phone banking).[/quote]

You have many choices. There is the internal dialplan language of Asterisk, available in two flavors: the base platform and AEL. You may also use virtually any language you want if you use the AGI and Manager API interfaces. Libraries exist in PHP, Perl, Java, Ruby, etc. Look at the link at the top of the Developer section for more detail.

[quote=“fadfodeh”]2- What are the available solutions to GUI builders of IVR solutions? i.e. using drag and drop gui environment to build the flow of the ivr solution?

thanks and best regards[/quote]

There are a few Java based solutions out there that you should google, as well as folks integrating OpenVXI to the platform.

Thank you very much for your help.
as for the GUI builders, is there anything that is close to Envox CT ADE or CT Connect. Some customers require that they control the flow of their IVR solution by themselves, so we need to provide them with a user-friendly GUI tool

thanks again

Probably the closest, although I have never used it:

lanvik-icu.com/asterisk/dial … /index.php

Freepbx (voiceroute.net/site/index.php) as this also has some good IVR config stuff. Both of these are more general Asterisk GUI managers but are both pretty good at a lot of things.