Newbie Here - Need Direction

Hello Community.

I’m a newbie when it comes to VoIP. I’m a freelancer from Caracas Venezuela but I’m currently living in Miami FL. I have a small office in Caracas where I have a traditional phone line. I’m also setting up an office in Miami FL, I do not have a phone line yet. What I would like is to be able to receive calls in the US when someone in Caracas calls my local office in Caracas, I would like to setup my own PBX preferably. Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me what I need? I’m guessing I Need some kind of VoIP gateway in order to be able to convert my Traditional (Analog) Phone line in Caracas to VoIP. What type of gateway is recommended? Also what type of service do I need to hire (SIP?, DID?). If anyone could help me out and point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Carlos Sosa.

You can use 2 Asterisk servers one with an analog cards fowarding the calls to the other, connection can be doe through Internet using DMZ on your router or por foward, related to the card you can visit digium website