New to Asterisk (running/operating problems)

I am a student worker at a small university and my boss gave my 6 Cisco 7940 ip phones and told me to make them work. I’ve gotten them running off a cisco router right now (call manager express) and I want to try and get them to run with Asterisk. I have installed Asterisk on a Fedora 3 box running of a small rackmount server that is going into a switch that has the phones on it. The phones and the server are in the same vlan and the phones can see the server’s tftp server. I have tried to run asterisk after compiling it and I get this message:

Apr 21 15:44:35 ERROR[10602]: pbx.c:1326 ast_custom_function_register: Function CUT already registered.
Apr 21 15:44:35 ERROR[10602]: pbx.c:1326 ast_custom_function_register: Function SORT already registered.
Apr 21 15:44:35 WARNING[10602]: loader.c:414 __load_resource: func_cut.so: load_module failed, returning -1
Apr 21 15:44:35 WARNING[10602]: loader.c:142 ast_unload_resource: Firm unload failed for func_cut.so
Apr 21 15:44:35 WARNING[10602]: loader.c:554 load_modules: Loading module func_cut.so failed!

I know I don’t have a pbx card installed in this system (however if I get this all working there probably will be) I just want to control these 6 phones for right now. I am assuming that these problems are because of my asterisk config and I’m hoping someone can give me some instructions on writing a new config. Please speak plain english, I am a newbie at Linux and call routing. Thanks

You are missing libs.

Follow this setup guide:

asteriskguru.com/