Need some help

I just started using asterisk today.
I setup asterisk and asterisk-gui today and I need to know what I need to do for what I am trying to do.
I setup asterisk on a centos dedicated server so this is purely software based, I cannot use any type of hardware on this setup.
My goal is to have two toll free numbers that go to this server and then forward to a cell phone, and maybe a third later that has extensions.

Since this is hardware based, I don’t quite understand exactly how to set this up. I just got a subscription to voovox and attempted to setup the iax through the asterisk gui but I cant figure out how to setup the extensions.conf file through the gui.

To be honest I don’t know if I am even in the right direction.
I bought two vanity toll free numbers and I don’t know what to give the company to point them to me. Can someone please point me in the right direction here.

Any advice is highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

well, I am not sure about the setup of voovox, but they should have given you the credentials needed to get it going. Also if you want 2 numbers be incoming and then send the calls out to cell phones, you will have to have 4 numbers total, 2 incoming and 2 outgoing. As with the Vanity I am am not familiar with them either, but if they are sip or iax2 providers, then they should give you the info to connect to them. If it is not sip or iax2 and they are a local telco, then you will need to get an ATA which will convert the pstn lines to sip or iax2, then you setup asterisk to connect to the ata and use it.

If all you want to do is have the toll free numbers ring through to cell phones, you likely don’t need Asterisk at all (although it can also be done with Asterisk). Most SIP providers offer call forwarding which can be configured from within your account on the provider’s website.

Thanks for the replies, I actually did a lot of research and reading even drove over 100 miles to buy Asterisk: The Future of Telephony. I successfully setup Asterisk v1.4.23.2 and FreePBX 2.5.1.2. I then signed up for Vitelity for incoming and VoIPJet for outgoing. I successfully ported my three toll free numbers to Vitelity and have them routed the way I want them. I am actually setting up a seperate server now just for Asterisk and I will not be using FreePBX. Just a comment to anyone wanting to play with Asterisk, don’t give up. After two days of playing and reading, I now have a great understanding of how everything works. It is really not as difficult as it seems. Also buying that book from O’Reilly if you want to really get into Asterisk is a good idea. It is a great book and it is written by the Asterisk community. Thanks again for the replies.