Nature of Address header on SIP channel

Hi!
As the title says, there is a way to send the NOA parameter through a SIP trunk?
I’ve seen that DAHDI link’s send that parameter (also ss7 chan), but i need to send it through a sip link

Best regards

There is nothing built in. If there is a mechanism you’d need to look it up (such as finding the RFC) and see if that can be done using generic methods (like adding a SIP header).

1 Like

@jcolp After posting the topic, i found that it’s impossible to modify a parameter that isn’t being sent by a SIP Trunk, but, as you said, you can add a new “parameter” to the sip header!
Using the following cmd:

exten => s,n,SIPADDHeader(“CustomAddedDescription”) ;You can write everything you want
If you capture the call and export it as a pcap, you will see that the header exists, but it’s not recognized

Best regards, and thanks for the fast answer

It looks to me that it is sent by some systems as a, non-standard, URI parameter. I can’t find any suggestion it is sent as a header.

1 Like

This is what wireshark shows:

There is no way to send a correct nature of address parameter through a sip trunk, you can only send a non-recognised SIP header (or that is what i found)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.