Music on hold, no sound

back for another question :slight_smile:
i’m trying to configure music on hold to use with queues.
after creating a new music category with AMP, i’ve checked the encoding of the mp3 files located in /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/ and made some files with the same encoding specs (128kbit, 44100hz, stereo), but i’m unable to hear them (while the default files work).
is there an encoding issue i’m not aware of (i.e. id3 tags)?

You should check wheather file of musiconhold.conf is on folder /etc/asterisk/
.The file should like this:
[moh_files]
default => /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3,r
r option means random playback the sound file randonly,otherwise the files are played subsequencly.
After inputing asterisk -r to enter console,enter moh reload to musiconhole work.

[quote]unable to hear them (while the default files work).
is there an encoding issue i’m not aware of (i.e. id3 tags)?[/quote]

yes, you should remove the id3 tags, here is more help about music on hold

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+musiconhold.conf

there is also a tag remover u could use

I hope it helps, :wink:

You might want to see the following thread; forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php? … usiconhold

are you taking the mick ? are you searching for old threads that you can suddenly answer ? these threads go back to last year, we’ve not seen some of these users since the original posting, yet you’re answering all you can find when answering a single thread would have sufficed.

all you’re doing is pushing more important threads down, possibly resulting in people posting in the last day or so not having their current questions answered.

somebody ban this tool - i never thought i’d see somebody padding their post count on this board, but wonders never cease…

True some of these threads were created a while back but fortunately or unfortunately people still and will continue to search and view them but if they offer no solution they are not serving the main objective. That’s why they are threads you know, to be updated with solutions. Even when people get on google or other search engines to search for answers to asterisk issues they get directed to these threads too, I have. I am sure you wouldn’t say because windows 2000 or even asterisk was created years ago to stop updating them :smile:

no, but to update a dozen threads with the samed canned answer is dumb, for the reasons baconbuttie mentioned.

i understand you are trying to help, but don’t update a thread that’s a year old - two weeks i could see and appreciate.

if you REALLY wanted to contribute something, why not head over to the wiki and post a mini-FAQ on MOH, or make a MOH thread here and ask that it be stickied.

that way, you’re not pushing active topics to the second page, AND you’ll have a reference to point everyone to as new MOH issues come in.

/i am not limiting this to just MOH, ANY common issue could be handled this way.

You need to watch the language you use. The word ‘dumb’ should not even occur, its uncalled for and extremely unprofessional, otherwise you might as well be a fool for not seeing my point of view. Or we might as well all be “dumb” for not been able to figure out our issues ourselves instead of searching and been directed to threads that are years and years old. You’ve stated your opinion, to each his own, I don’t think anyone is or should be termed ‘dumb’ for that.

i didn’t call you dumb, i called what you DID dumb, and it was.

you simply posted the SAME THING over and over and over, pushing relevant issues to the second page (where, as we all know, not that many people tread). like i said before, if you want to help, update the wiki or make a sticky, but DON’T clog up the board with 12 posts that say exactly the same thing. or, if you want, save your response somewhere and post to that as NEW issues come in.

i’m not perfect, but i try very hard to help everyone that i can, and i’m sure you can appreciate that. but i would not go searching through every old thread when i find an answer, just to make sure they’re all up to date. that is silly and doesn’t do anyone any good. if i find that i’m repeating myself on a regular basis, then it’s off to the wiki or time to make a sticky.

we can agree to disagree if you’d like, it doesn’t make any difference to me.

I am the being behind the ‘dumb’ action according to you and what I have done is simply an expression of my person, so in essence you have called me ‘dumb’, there is no two ways about it. I see you have decided to come up with yet another uncultured and unwarranted word as ‘silly’ in a forum or discussion. Rule #1 when dealing with other people and their opinions: you don’t term them or their opinions or actions negatively or with slander, but offer your opinion positively/constructively and let it/them be #2 always be professional and curteous. It seems the opposite has always worked for you or perhaps you enjoy doing it regardless. Well, you need to pick very carefully whom you do that with, you cannot be helped in that area. It simply shows the sort of person you are. Of course we all appreciate each others’ help/postings but in no way does it earn us the right to be unrully to others. To remind you, if you keep posting to this age old thread, it will keep other important threads down the line and neither does the present issue at hand being your unrully and wayward responses help anyone achieve anything. I doubt it helps you either, perhaps I’m wrong. Three’s a golden rule in life that might ehlp here, no matter how bad your thoughts toward someone else might be some things are better left unsaid.

at least he was polite. i was thinking much worse.

you (nor i) needed to answer. but there you go.

for someone who is so sensitive to what is said, you sure like telling other people how to behave and act.

well, in return, here are my suggestions to you.

1. relax, you’ll live longer
  2. don’t flood the forums with the same thing over and over
  3. i am entitled to my opinion, just as you are to yours and everyone else on this forum is to there’s. if you don’t like it or can’t handle it, that’s life.

i’m done debating you on this, you are WAY to sensitive.

/dummy
//just kidding