Multiple Parking Lot - decide where to park

Hi,

so i set up the multiple parking lots - but the issue i am running into is that i need to decide (programatically rather than up to the end user) where to park the call.

So if the call comes in on some line - it should go to a specific lot. the issue is that on the digium phone - the soft key goes to one predefined destination.

ref: wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … MA-Parking

How can i achieve this ?

The Park softkey will drop the call into one specific destination pool only, e.g. 700.

If you want to drop calls into different lots, you’d have to manually transfer them into the main parking lot # for that pool.

If you want that, make a rapid dial key contact for that lot, e.g. one for 700, one for 800, and then when a call comes in and you want to send it somewhere, hit the transfer hardkey, then the rapid dial key corresponding to the lot pool you want.

will that transfer it to the 700 or to the next slot in the 700 pool ?

You always transfer to a parkext (from features.conf), and Parking takes care of putting the call on the next available slot (see the findslot option)

ok - that is what i thought - let me go figure out the BLF on the sidecard of d70 - is that what you are suggesting i use for a button ? - what else is a rapid dial key - the line keys on the phone (6 of them in d70 case ?)

Howdy,

You can use the additional line keys to do rapid dial functionality if you don’t have an account/line assigned to them otherwise.

i am following your post here:
http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=176465

i cannot get the buttons to light up when a call is parked there
do i need to hint in dialplan - i am using DPMA
i added the hint - no luck either :frowning:
Also, i am guessing here - i need to have a contact for each park slot in each park lot ?

i cannot have a blf for say “800” showing there is a call in that pool - probably as i would not be able to pick which call from the park lot to pick up that way

[quote=“rebootln”]i am following your post here:
http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?p=176465

i cannot get the buttons to light up when a call is parked there
do i need to hint in dialplan - i am using DPMA
i added the hint - no luck either :frowning:
Also, i am guessing here - i need to have a contact for each park slot in each park lot ?

i cannot have a blf for say “800” showing there is a call in that pool - probably as i would not be able to pick which call from the park lot to pick up that way[/quote]

Yes, you’ll need a dialplan hint for the parking lot.
You’ll have to make sure your phone subscribes to that hint (blf_contact_group will be your friend)
If you want to watch more than one slot, you’ll consume more than one key.

No, you can’t have 800 show that any of its lots have someone in them, nor would it know who to pickup.

There’s a parking application built into the phone that’ll show you a listing of who’s parked in what lots, that might make things easier.

Read this:
wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … MA-Parking

including the bit about BLF subscription to a parking lot.

blf_confact_group is set to the value from the contacts.xml file
the hint is set and i assumed i will have to use multiple keys so i set up 3 to test with … i still can’t get the light to show up.

do you mind looking at thsi config
res_digium_phone.conf

park_contacts.xml

<?xml version="1.0" ?> <phonebooks> <contacts group_name="ParkedCalls" editable="0"> <contact prefix="" first_name="Parking" second_name="" last_name="Lot 1" suffix="" contact_type="sip" organization="" job_title="" location="" notes="The first parking lot" subscribe_to="801" > <numbers> <number dial="801" dial_prefix="" label="Extension" primary="1" /> </numbers> </contact> <contact prefix="" first_name="Parking" second_name="" last_name="Lot 2" suffix="" contact_type="sip" organization="" job_title="" location="" notes="The second parking lot" subscribe_to="802" > <numbers> <number dial="802" dial_prefix="" label="Extension" primary="1" /> </numbers> </contact> <contact prefix="" first_name="Parking" second_name="" last_name="Lot 2" suffix="" contact_type="sip" organization="" job_title="" location="" notes="The second parking lot" subscribe_to="803" > <numbers> <number dial="803" dial_prefix="" label="Extension" primary="1" /> </numbers> </contact> </contacts> </phonebooks>

extensions.conf

[park-sales]
exten => 800,1,Set(CHANNEL(parkinglot)=parkinglot_sales)
exten => 800,n,Park()

[Users]
include => park-sales

exten => 801,hint,park:801@park-sales
exten => 802,hint,park:802@park-sales
exten => 803,hint,park:803@park-sales

what am i missing ?

Thanks!

as i hit my self in the head i write this post

RELOAD EVERYTHING PROPERLY!!!

here is an interesting question… when i pick up the call - i get the “caller if” of the parking spot the call was in … . how do i forward the original caller id to carry it with the call ?

You should iirc get the original caller ID if you’ve got connected line/party updates turned on. See the stuff on the wiki in the Digium phones area about trustrpid and sendrpid

ROCK AND ROLL :mrgreen:

That did it :smile:

Thank you!

Yay :smile:

Enjoy your Digium phones.