Manual/realtime aor/endpoint/identify configuration 15.2+

We are currently using 15.2.2 and have a mixture of realtime (ODBC) and manually configured (pjsip.conf) AORs and endpoints for defining our infrastructure. I have been tasked with upgrading to 15.5 or 16.x and have been having issues with this configuration.

It would appear as though 15.5+ won’t qualify contacts created from the realtime configuration on startup. It will simply show them as “Created” and running 'pjsip qualify ’ does nothing. It also does not seem to load settings from the realtime database as the endpoints are no longer usable.

With 15.2.2 we are able to define just the AOR in pjsip.conf. The endpoint and identify information is pulled from a MySQL database. An example pjsip.conf stanza is:

[FC-XXX-PROXY]
type=aor
contact=sip:w.x.y.z:5060
qualify_frequency=30

With 15.5+, however, I must now define the endpoint and identify sections within pjsip.conf rather than letting the realtime database supply them. I have been experimenting with different settings and here is a working result:

[FC-XXX-PROXY]
type=aor
contact=sip:w.x.y.z:5060
qualify_frequency=30

[FC-XXX-PROXY]
type=endpoint
aors=FC-XXX-PROXY
identify_by=ip
context=outside-in
disallow=all
allow=g722,g729,ulaw

[FC-XXX-PROXY]
type=identify
endpoint=FC-XXX-PROXY
match=w.x.y.z

This is all information that is copied directly from our realtime tables.

Ultimately what we are trying to achieve is to have our proxy servers and other media servers available as valid endpoints upon service startup. Preferably we want this coming from our ODBC source instead of pjsip.conf. Are there any recommendations about how to achieve this or what we may set up incorrectly?