Manager Originate Questions

Well it still doesn’t work, does it?

The originateAction command still does not return a proper status from a dial.
It is in the system somewhere - if you make an outgoing call from a phone and the remote line is busy, it will say “busy” or “Talking”. But can you get that status out of the system - you cannot.

Or at least I cannot.

I have fiddled with the Asterisk-Java stuff for a long time - I note with amusement the documented result code for the entry has been removed (it’s in the Javadoc but not in the code). OriginateCallback seems to do nothing useful either.
I have tried the trick of making the dial plan do it and return a status - but I cannot even make that work (I was using AsteriskNow - is that a mistake?). It should, I feel. It’s tacky but would do - but it won’t work for me.

I am going crazy. All I want is to know if the outgoing call has failed, and if so, what the failure was. Busy, Fast busy, bad number, no answer. Seems so easy. But I have been grappling with this problem for weeks.

Ok. How about a bribe? I will pay US$50 to the person who can help me find a way to do this that actually runs on my system here (I am using Asterisk-Java and quite like it - except for this). (No, I am not a script kiddy. Yes, I do have considerable IT experience. Decades, even).

Simon (in Sydney and getting very frustrated)