Lots of issues with 1.4.1

Was I foolish to try 1.4.1 in production so soon?
Should I return to 1.2.16???

I was running 1.2.10 , my srvr was hacked… so I decided to use FC6 and * 1.4.1 , bleeding edge I know.

After much hassle with the install… (lack of documentation on the changes from 1.2.x to 1.4.x and all the seemingly silly syntax changes in the CLI interface)… I finally have it running.

But I am seeing lots of wierd warning messages from my customer traffic… (none of which were showing with 1.2.x)

eg:

chan_sip.c… Maximum retries on transmission…

rtp.c… RTCP Read too short

app_dial.c … Unable to forward voice frame

Got SIP response 500 "INternal server error back from x.x.x.x

Got SIP response 480 “Temporarily not available” back from x.x.x.x

and

I am also having trouble installing the Digium G729 Codec

I can understand the excitement to use 1.4.x but why Fedora? It’s a test environment?

Use CentOS!

Why?

Can you explain to me why Centos is better then Fedora?

I have been using Fedora for sometime now, i cant find many faults with it, so i am curious to know what Centos is better from your opinion, if it is better i may consider using Centos over Fedora then.

Cheers,

David.

Why?

Can you explain to me why Centos is better then Fedora?

I have been using Fedora for sometime now, i cant find many faults with it, so i am curious to know what Centos is better from your opinion, if it is better i may consider using Centos over Fedora then.

Cheers,

David.[/quote]

CentOS is production released, well tested, and stable. Fedora contains a lot of beta software so maybe it will work and maybe not. It’s a NO brainer IMHO.

I have tried CentOS and Asterisk with the TrixBox pkg… CentOS was so backrev that I could not run some of my other Applications I needed.

So far we are a Redhat/Fedora house with some Gentoo thrown in.
That is enough variey to drive me to drink!

I’m an old fart that was part of the UNIX compatibility wars of the 80’s…
and the promise…
I fear we are returning to that mode with all the flavors of Linux. :smile: