Looking for the right solution - input needed

Hello Folks.

I want to get my hands on Asterisk.
Before I really get started, I would appreciate some input.
Maybe you could give me your suggestions about what to use for my needs - it seems there are plenty of Asterisk distributions out there.
Maybe you can point me to some scripts, needed modules (if needed etc.).

What I need most:
I have a few inbound numbers (so far one land line and the rest are all SIP) and basically want Asterisk to answer all numbers with a predefined unique message and maybe an option (If you want to leave a message, press 1, otherwise stay on the line…).
Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
What I then want is that Asterisk is forwarding calls a predefined number (always the same). Once I answer the phone I would like to hear an Asterisk message which tells me: Call for Number X. Press 1 to answer the call, press 2 to send to voice mail.
Further I sure want to send the calls to voice mail, if I don’t answer the phone (but I assume this is not a problem).

Greetings.
WorstCases

Hi

Basicly you need to work out which Linux flavour you like best install it and then install asterisk from source,
or go for one of the pre rolled ones

They all will do what you want.

Ian

That’s good news!

I have several Asterisk running as a test. Most user friendly for me as a beginner seems trixbox so far.

But how do I start to set up my scenario. I mean: I know I have to set up the inbound and outbound sips first, but how am I getting started with my main issues from post one?

[quote=“WorstCases”]What I need most:
I have a few inbound numbers (so far one land line and the rest are all SIP) and basically want Asterisk to answer all numbers with a predefined unique message and maybe an option (If you want to leave a message, press 1, otherwise stay on the line…).
Number 1
Number 2
Number 3
What I then want is that Asterisk is forwarding calls a predefined number (always the same). Once I answer the phone I would like to hear an Asterisk message which tells me: Call for Number X. Press 1 to answer the call, press 2 to send to voice mail.
Further I sure want to send the calls to voice mail, if I don’t answer the phone (but I assume this is not a problem).[/quote]

Thanks.
WorstCases

Well - OK.

Most of my initial questions were very noob - almost stupid. Did resolve lots of them.

I did set up extensions, IVR, Messages and ring groups with “confirm calls” enabled.

My scenario now is as follows:
I have one ring group for each line. Every ring group is ringing my extension and tells me “call from line XX”.

But it’s very possible that I will have somebody to answer only one line - let’s say “line 1”. Is there any way if this person has a dedicated extension and phone just for “line 1” that this person won’t hear “call from line xx” and the need to confirm the call, while my phone still rings the same way and I could answer if I feel the need?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks.
WorstCases

Hi

This realy doesn’t make too much sense but I guess you mean call pickup ? As to setting it on trixbox I would ask in their forums, as Trixbox is a rather proprietary version of Asterisk and does many things their own way