Long Delay in SIPML calls into asterisk

I am using the SIPML/Duobango demo program to call into Asterisk 16 server located on DigitalOcean. Registration happens immediately. But when I call into the ‘hello-world’ extension, the call will not go through for a long time… sometimes a minute or two. It seems like the system is hung up and waiting for something to happen in the mean time, but I do not have any idea. Here is the CLI output –

testmay23CLI>
== WebSocket connection from ‘50.35.111.195:32612’ for protocol ‘sip’ accepted using version ‘13’
– Added contact ‘sips:WS_PHONE_A@50.35.111.195:32612;transport=ws;rtcweb-breaker=yes’ to AOR ‘WS_PHONE_A’ with expiration of 200 seconds
== Endpoint WS_PHONE_A is now Reachable
== Setting global variable ‘SIPDOMAIN’ to ‘aidarcontract.com
== DTLS ECDH initialized (automatic), faster PFS enabled
– Executing [200@sets:1] Answer(“PJSIP/WS_PHONE_A-00000009”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [200@sets:2] Playback(“PJSIP/WS_PHONE_A-00000009”, “hello-world”) in new stack
– <PJSIP/WS_PHONE_A-00000009> Playing ‘hello-world.slin’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing [200@sets:3] Hangup(“PJSIP/WS_PHONE_A-00000009”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (sets, 200, 3) exited non-zero on ‘PJSIP/WS_PHONE_A-00000009’
testmay23
CLI>

For any timing issue it is more a or less essential to use the actual log files rather than screen scraping the console, as the former contains time stamps.

The most likely cause of a delay is failure to resolve a domain name or to reverse resolve an IP address, resulting in no response from a name server, rather than a definitive “not found”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.