Litmus test for SIP extension

Asterisk 1.8 is running on an ASUS RT-N16 (Optware) and I’m attempting to configure Google Voice. In this thread, I am interested in validating the connection between a SPA2102 ATA and *1.8

I created a SIP extension for SPA2102 ATA based on this article.

[101] type=friend host=dynamic nat=yes qualify=yes context=mario-default defaultuser=101 secret=XXXXXXXXX callerid="user1" <101> mailbox=101

Q1) Do the two tests below validate the ATA to * connection?

Test 1) SPA2102 => Voice => Info shows that the device is registered.
Test 2) On the Asterisk side:

Name/username Host Dyn Forcerport ACL Port Status
101/101 192.168.8.110 D N 5060 [ur]OK (6 ms[/u])
NokiaE71x (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
2 sip peers [Monitored: 1 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 0 online, 1 offline]

Do the underlined elements provide sufficient verifcation that the ATA and extension are properly configured to communicate with one another?

Q2) Will my ATA’s Dialplan prevent me from dialing out?

(*xx.|*xxx|75xx|[3469]11|0|00|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|**275x.)

This dialplan was for a callcentric VOIP account.

Attempts to dial 18005551212 resulted a voice response ‘Enum lookup failed’. Attempts to dial 1(XXX)XXX-XXXX resulted in a busy signal. I realize that these observations are not shortcomings in the ATA - Asterisk configuration and are more likely to be a problem with Asterisk dialplan (extensions.conf) or GV (jabber.conf). For now, I would like to focus on validating the ATA-Asterisk connection.

If you have experience connecting an ATA to *, I would be interested in any constructive comments \ validation criteria. Thank you.

TAG: [GV-OPT]

You need to get your terminology straight. You did not create a SIP extension. You defined a SIP device. Extensions exist in the dialplan (also in imagination of some authors of config generators for asterisk)

You might want to define a second device for the second FXS port on 2102.

You also used magic incantations 1 and 3 for no reason.

@thor: Thank you for the feedback. I assume the magic incantations cause no problems.

If anyone can comment on the tests above or provide additional test, that would be helpful.

[quote=“gatorback”]I assume the magic incantations cause no problems.
[/quote]
I do not know. I do not use them. Some people say they allow your extensions to be enumerated - forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=78538