Issuing the command module reload res_pjsip.so doesn't make SELinux to generate an error

Hi I am a novice in Asterisk. I am learning from the book: Asterisk: The Definitive Guide (5th Edition). Everything went well until chapter 5. On section where transport-tls using certbot is defined for a new endpoints, issuing the command module reload res_pjsip.so doesn’t make SELinux to generate an error as expected. I have done search for solution to no avail. Also, I am using an amazon instance - CentOS 7 (x86_64) - with Updates HVM

Turn off SELinux, or change the security markers on the file to indicate a trusted source.

1 Like

Thanks for answer @david551 . The book claims that one doesn’t need to disable SELinux. I will try to change the security markers on the files.

1 Like

It’s many years since I had to deal with this in anger, and I seem to recall it was the result of transferring a file with anonymous ftp, rather than sftp, and that I resolved it by adjusting the security label to match similar files. However it is so long ago that I don’t remember the details of the process.

For development work, I don’t think SELinux ever got in the way otherwise, although I’m not sure if the production systems had it enabled.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.