Issues with Set(Group()=xxx)

I am trying to use the Set(GROUP()=mygroup) to control the number of allowed inbound calls. What I want to do is set the group at the beginning of an inbound call. If that call is not picked up by the extenshions being rung. I want to decrement the Group()=mygroup count so that when I send the call to voice mail the user can still accept calls up to their max in the $(siteMaxOutbound) variable. This effectivly allows them unlimed voicemail connections on inbound call. The problem is that when I try to decrement the group nothing happens. Any Ideas. Thanks

Below is part of my inbound dial plan. I set $(siteMaxOutbound) = 1 else where for testing

exten => DoCallGroup,1,Set(GROUP()=SSMEDout) exten => DoCallGroup,2,NoOp(GroupCNT=${GROUP_COUNT(SSMEDout)}) exten => DoCallGroup,3,GotoIf($[${GROUP_COUNT(SSMEDout)}>${siteMaxOutbound}]?5) exten => DoCallGroup,4,Dial(SIP/SSE301&SIP/SSE302,20,tT) exten => DoCallGroup,5,Set(GROUP(SSMEDout)=$[${GROUP_COUNT(SSMEDout)}-1]) exten => DoCallGroup,6,NoOp(GroupCNT=${GROUP_COUNT(SSMEDout)}) exten => DoCallGroup,7,Voicemail(sb${siteVMGeneralBox}@${siteVMContext})