I heard quite a lot about asterisk and I would like to give it a try. But as things get complex quite sonn I would like to ask the community for some basic answers (yes / no). I would like to figure out how each point will work on my own but kindly ask for your experience if the needed things are possible or not.
The plan is to setup an asterisk connected to voip-users via TCP/IP and to a carrier via ISDN lines. Both connections are as well internal as external.
Can I identify each caller by PIN, number of origin or however (what’s possible?) for accounting purposes?
How many digits is the maximum for an extension?
Can I put a caller “on hold” until the following things happened:
- asterisk dials an external telephone number
- asterisk submits a PIN (always the same) via DTMF
- asterisk submits a telephone number (depending of the extension dialed by the caller) via DTMF
- asterisk connects caller after “call connected signal”
Can one asterisk server recieve the call while another server (connected via TCP/IP, leased line) is doing the dialing as above?
Can I connect an oracle database for accounting purposes depending on the following information:
- call recieved via carrier or TCP/IP
- date / time
- number the call is forewarded to?
Is a prepaid handling possible?
Thanx for your assistance…
I think I’ll be back if every question is aswered with yes