Is it possible to Ring-All and then Hunt?

I have a situation where I need two extensions to ring at the same time, receptionist phones. I also need it to Hunt other extensions after 12 seconds of no answer at either one of those extensions.

What is the easiest way to facilitate this, or is it even possible?

FYI: I am running Trixbox 2.6.2.3 and I am an administrator that inherited this system from another admin. I have zero formal training or experience with Asterisk other than what I have run into from managing this sytem. I did try searching, but I believe my search terms are too general to yield the results I need as I was not able to find any reference to a need like this from anyone else.

On plain Asterisk, this is a very simple task on Trixbox i could help you but i will need review the Trixbox GUI before i have a long time without touch Trixbox, A suggestion if you want to use a third party Asterisk Distro you could try Elastix the support Forum is very good and in my personal opinion it is solutions more updated and completed than Trixbox

Trixbox has actually been abandoned so completely as a product that even its peer support forums have been closed down. That is probably why there have been so many misplaced Trixbox questions recently.

(The Asterisk Support forum is not really appropriate for any GUI users.)

[quote=“david55”]Trixbox has actually been abandoned so completely as a product that even its peer support forums have been closed down. That is probably why there have been so many misplaced Trixbox questions recently.

(The Asterisk Support forum is not really appropriate for any GUI users.)[/quote]

That why i made the suggestion atomictoyguy, that migrate to plain Asterisk or you could try Elastix (GUI).

I have kind of gathered that about Trixbox, seems to be the case for almost every piece of tech my company has. Seems they managed to pick abandoned old tech for just about everything in the past. lol… I will look into Elastix, though we are shopping for a new phone system all together at this point.

Try FreePBX. if you are already running Trixbox this used the FreePBX front-end (as does Elastix but they have forked it to produce their own independent project). The latest versions of FreePBX are a big leap forward especially since the chaps at Schmooze Com got behind it, If you want a new phone system you can’t go too far wrong with FreePBX. Schmooze will also provide commercial support if required.