Internal Asterisk w/VICIDIAL, External Tadiran PBX

Hello, our organization is interested in using an open-source predictive autodialer like VICIDIAL, and we already have a Tadiran Coral IPx in-use with a number of digital non-IP phones. We would like to set up, trunked off the Tadiran, the subnet that contains the autodialer.

Most of the documentation I’ve seen on this have assumed that the Asterisk would be doing the outward dialing, however the ideal situation for us would be that the Asterisk box would merely be internal, as we already have the infrastructure set up with the digital phones.

Here’s the basic logic flow I’m envisioning:

a) The Dialer software does whatever it needs to do with the SQL database, which basically boils down to "get the next phone number"
b) Normally, as I understand it, the Asterisk server would then dial out over VOIP services; however, we just want it to be trunked outward to the Tadiran PBX, as an extra step.
c) The Tadiran would take these dialing instructions, make the call, and direct the receiving end to whatever line was indicated by the dialer.
d) The SR’s phone would then ring, a screen would pop up with lead details, and after the agent picked up, they would be connected to the outside line.

Basically I’m wondering if this is possible. I know that the Tadiran box can hold a card to make it able to run MGCP, which the Asterisk I believe can speak as well: but would it be possible to “route” in a sense the connections through the Tadiran PBX like this?

Here is a diagram of how I am imagining this would be laid out. All clouds are internal to our network. All devices in that diagram with the exception of the dialer box and the MySQL box are already in place.

img321.imageshack.us/img321/2980/dialer2go6.png

We’ve got about 60 SRs so far, plan to increase that to about double in the future, have a few agents who connect from home (and would be accessing via pure VOIP to the Tadiran), and would not be averse to setting up a few more Asterisk boxes for the dialer.

Thank you very much.

so you basically want vicidial but not *?

The one way I can think of doing this is setup * / vicidial as a bunch of analog extens off the existing pbx. It runs the dial routine. When it has a live call, it transfers the call to a SR by flashing and then dialing a transfer code (if your PBX supports this).

The other option might be to put * between the existing PBX and your provider. I am assuming you have PRIs? Get multi-port PRI cards for * and run asterisk as passthru. With a bit of creative dialplan scripting you can make * blindly pass thru any call to the other port. With the exception that Asterisk will run vicidial and then run a forward the call to the agent over the pbx side pri…

This can be done.

you will need to interface with the PBX on a ZAP channel though (unless it can do sip?) so in the * box you would need a pri card. but keep in mind every call would be a ZAP channel bridge, 1 channel for each leg of the call. So you will need to make sure that you have open PRI ports on the pbx, depending on the # of agents you may need to have a quad pri card since that could only handle 24 simulataneous calls.

The other solution is to have vici dial straight out via voip and connect to the extensions on the pbx over a zap channel. Consider the predictive feature set of vici, you may want to have calls being placed to bring users online so that you dont just have a 1 to 1 dial ratio, when you have a 1 to 1 ratio agents spend alot of time waiting for the next call. A lot of improvements have gone into VICI’s predictive dial abilities. using a voip provider like binfone wont slow you down. you can just crank calls through them and never worry about the PRI getting full etc etc .

I have installed and admin sever vici setups and they run great, it can do anything you need it to. i just think making the pbx dial for you is going present extra up front hardware costs, that is unless that doesnt matter… or if the pbx does sip…

you would just logon to vici and then the deskphone rings, you his resume and you are off and running…

[quote=“MacroLifeCS”]Hello, our organization is interested in using an open-source predictive autodialer like VICIDIAL, and we already have a Tadiran Coral IPx in-use with a number of digital non-IP phones. We would like to set up, trunked off the Tadiran, the subnet that contains the autodialer.

Most of the documentation I’ve seen on this have assumed that the Asterisk would be doing the outward dialing, however the ideal situation for us would be that the Asterisk box would merely be internal, as we already have the infrastructure set up with the digital phones.

Here’s the basic logic flow I’m envisioning:

a) The Dialer software does whatever it needs to do with the SQL database, which basically boils down to "get the next phone number"
b) Normally, as I understand it, the Asterisk server would then dial out over VOIP services; however, we just want it to be trunked outward to the Tadiran PBX, as an extra step.
c) The Tadiran would take these dialing instructions, make the call, and direct the receiving end to whatever line was indicated by the dialer.
d) The SR’s phone would then ring, a screen would pop up with lead details, and after the agent picked up, they would be connected to the outside line.

Basically I’m wondering if this is possible. I know that the Tadiran box can hold a card to make it able to run MGCP, which the Asterisk I believe can speak as well: but would it be possible to “route” in a sense the connections through the Tadiran PBX like this?

Here is a diagram of how I am imagining this would be laid out. All clouds are internal to our network. All devices in that diagram with the exception of the dialer box and the MySQL box are already in place.

img321.imageshack.us/img321/2980/dialer2go6.png

We’ve got about 60 SRs so far, plan to increase that to about double in the future, have a few agents who connect from home (and would be accessing via pure VOIP to the Tadiran), and would not be averse to setting up a few more Asterisk boxes for the dialer.

Thank you very much.[/quote] :smiley: