Interest in implementing SIP push notification

Have you made any progress on this?
Have you tried to receive notifications with flexisip when the android application is completely closed?
this is what i was looking for!
In new versions of linphone, it keeps the application open by using the foreground service and thus calls can be received. but this is not what is desired.
Did you find a way to wake up the application when the application is completely closed?

Unfortunately, I had to abandon Linphone on Android for my use case. Now we use good old fashioned WiFi SIP phones. They are a bit more cumbersome to use, but they actually ring when calls come in, so that’s a plus.

I do think the foreground service, as annoying as it is, is the only way that this is going to work on Android (and maybe if that had been around I would have stuck with Linphone). Without that, the system is just going to kill the app eventually. The other idea I had but never pursued was to customize Linphone to be a “Launcher” which I don’t believe the system ever kills.Obviously, that approach has a lot of draw backs. For example, you would have to build actual app launcher functionality into your softphone which is kind of silly, but it might have worked.

Of course, if RFC 8599 is ever implemented in Asterisk, that could solve the problem as well.

Have you made any progress on this?
Have you tried to receive notifications with flexisip when the android application is completely closed?
this is what i was looking for!
In new versions of linphone, it keeps the application open by using the foreground service and thus calls can be received. but this is not what is desired.
Did you find a way to wake up the application when the application is completely closed?

Hey @Dilbert66 or @ringdom , this is an old script, do you guys still use it?
I dont believe it works on pjsip right? the only thing left for me is to grab the token
I already recompiled linhome or linphone, with my own google-services.json file, and also grabbed the token
By sending it in a curl script, i can wake the app so it registers… but i grab the token manually from the app… if i update it or renstall, te token changes, so i was looking for a script to grab the token…
the rest of the dialplan is ready… i work with a while loop, i check for 45 seconds, if the extension registers, then i dial out…
normally after sending the push, it takes about 2-3 sec for the registraion to come in…

tnx for feedback

Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I had to abandon by original set up here, so I am not currently using this script. We switched to dedicated devices to avoid this hassle.

ok, thnx for feedback
maybe someone else can provide feedback , the only part mising for me is to grab the token , rest of the stuff works :slight_smile:

Sorry, this is a really old post. I have not touched this or used it in a fairly long time and no, it was never tested with pjsip unfortunately. This was done with my initial newby forays into Asterisk setups so was not optimum. It did work but I was not happy with the Linphone push response at the time so I moved on.

Ah, yeah, I have loaded my own google-services file, I see the push coming in very fast, the reg time takes about 2 sec after I send the curl…

I just need to find a way to get the token, I now grab that manually from the app, added a new text field in it to see the token… But it changes on reinstall or clear settings…

What do you use now instead then? I

The best mobile solution I’ve encountered which resolves this pushing/battery/sleep issue is to use the Acrobits Groundwire app. It only costs about $10 from the app stores (one time purchase) and no modification whatsoever is required of your own Asterisk configuration. Acrobits’ unique trick is operating their own push servers. Whenever the app goes into the background on your device, Groundwire’s proxy server’s will step in and maintain the registration with your Asterisk server - using whatever transport you’ve chosen, TLS or UDP. If a call comes in, Acrobits will push a request to wake up your app (using their own built-in token), then seamlessly hand of the incoming call to your device.

Acrobits periodically updates its list of servers that are used to maintain registrations, which can be viewed performing a host lookup for all.sipis.acrobits.cz. This is discussed on their web page here. Note, although the page references their “Cloud Softphone” app, which is targeted towards service providers and large enterprises to license, I verified it is the exact same infrastructure utilized by their simple paid version, $10 “Groundwire” app. My only negative thing to say about the experience with the Groundwire is that I couldn’t find an option to automatically launch. Once launched, however, I can say it is very reliable about helping me never miss an incoming call or text. The cherry on top is that their servers will cache incoming texts for me. If my battery dies or I otherwise have the phone off for an extended period (out of service or travelling), when it comes back into service, cached messages will still push to my phone.

1 Like

Yeah, used and tested acrobits too, but still prefer Linhome, it’s a basic version and ideal for door intercom… Compiled now with own json to send puah

I can also recommend Ringotel for that - https://ringotel.co/

Their system registers at your pbx (you only have to open your firewall for their IP) and then you can use their mobile app with the extension. Using it for some months now, works very well and has some nice features.

Aha, something to try, didn’t know that one… I also used bas-ip , they also have a paid pbx , no open ports needed, just setup outbound trunk… But it’s not free… But included push and they have an option to configure a manual rtsp stream as early video…

I use it for door intercom purposes…so it’s important to see who is at the door before answer…

I haven’t found an PBX that can handle early video to dialgroups…

So I need to have a client, linhome/linphone use flexisip as backgroud, and flexisip is the only proxy I have found that can handle early video, the only downside is that you need to register with same contact…

What about your app? Does it have early video features?

Just to say, it’s not my app, just a recommendation. I also have to say that Ringotel also isn’t free but prices are quite fair I think.
Can’t say anything about video since I don’t use it.

Ringotel has a free trial period, so why not try it?

Ok, will contact them… For now the best option is still Linhome, and their pbx server is free… The nice thing about Linhome is that you setup custom dtmf buttons, that you can easy access during call, for example, turn on a light… perfect for intercom