Integrate CMS with Asterisk

Hello,

I’m quite new in the Asterisk world and I need some “first support” to start a project that rounds my mind.

What I’m trying to do is develop a mechanism that connects my custom CMS with an Asterisk box.

The original idea is that I can admin / consult Asterisk information through the CMS. This involves the next things:

• Once a user register in my website, an extension is created for him, that will be deleted if user deletes his username in the CMS. Will be an extra that user can modify some parameters.

• A conference(meetme) will be created based on events(let’s say for example, after the user enters a page), so I need to create it programatically. Same for deletion.

For now, I developed the way that both servers will use to send messages over the network. Now, It’s the moment of the hardest part; integrate it with Asterisk.

My questions comes here:

• What mechanisms Asterisk provides to develop external applications? Only C language or also PHP?

• There is an starter point that I can use to begin to develop some basic app based on demos or examples? I’m looking at(wiki.asterisk.org).

• How many scalable can be this? Imagine 4 users creating content in the same time(conferences), how Asterisk manage this?

Thanks in advance.

[quote=“carnau”]Hello,

My questions comes here:

• What mechanisms Asterisk provides to develop external applications? Only C language or also PHP?

• There is an starter point that I can use to begin to develop some basic app based on demos or examples? I’m looking at(wiki.asterisk.org).

• How many scalable can be this? Imagine 4 users creating content in the same time(conferences), how Asterisk manage this?

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

1. Asterisk’s external interfaces are AGI and Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI).

2. The Asterisk book should also provide some help: www.asteriskdocs.org

3. Four users isn’t a strain.

1.- I’ll take a look of what can I do with this.

2.- Just downloaded!

3.- So, when this can became a problem 40, 400, 4000? In fact, users don’t worry me because they only interact with add / delete extension operations one time.

If my service grow and there are a lot of users that want to create a conference, how I can manage this?
I’m sure there is a teorical (and practical, also) limit when doing any operation on a service(phisic or logical), so if I reach this, what’s next, queueing, cluster, something that now i don’t know?

Thanks for your time!