Indications.conf how to set up DTMF in auto answer

Hi,

I am testing GSM Gateway to work with Asterisk.
The issue is, on connect ( auto answer mode),
DTMF codes generated by a mobile phone are long and not processed by Asterisk’s DSP DTMF decoder.

Please tell me how to set up DTMF preferences for DTMF decoding in Asterisk
and indications.conf file could be of some help.

As call is auto answered and no prefix called, I don’t know how to set up, which country code should be selected by default

; indications.conf
; Configuration file for location specific tone indications
; used by the pbx_indications module.

[general]
country=us ; default location

followed by settings for each respective country

As DTMF codes dialed while pressing mobile phone’s keyboard are played by GSM Gateway
as much longer duration DTMF codes,
I am going to use Audacity to diagnose frequency and duration of played DTMF codes
to amend settings in indications.conf.

I just need to call internal numbers to access default local dial plans 500, 600 and the like, coming with Asterisk’s
configuration.conf file.

If I need to set up DTMF parameters in one another place, another conf file, please just name it.

=======
in plain words, once again:

I call GSM Gateway cnnected to Astersk
call is auto answered
and want to call extension numbers - like 50, 600 (default dial plans), using the same mobile phone, calling GSM Gateway

===

thanks

Darius

Start with a current supported version (1.4.33, or 1.6.2.??). Another of your threads suggests you are using 1.2.x. There have been a few issues reported or fixed relating to unusual DTMF durations recently, and 1.2.x is way to old to support.

Are you sure you are using inband tones? They will only work with near linear codecs.

[quote=“david55”]Start with a current supported version (1.4.33, or 1.6.2.??). Another of your threads suggests you are using 1.2.x. There have been a few issues reported or fixed relating to unusual DTMF durations recently, and 1.2.x is way to old to support.

Are you sure you are using inband tones? They will only work with near linear codecs.[/quote]

Thanks David,

I just need to know if indications.conf file can be edited for anolther pattern of DTMF codes, processed by my MNO,
as when I press mobile’s keyboard key, what I can hear played is not the same what is received by GSM Gateway, as some MNO use modulation algorithm to process original DTMF frequency pairs into something DTMF-alike but not meeting DTMF standard.

So I just try to record received pseudo DTMF codes, preview audio spectrum , looking for 2 frequency patterns, if any,
to be processed by Asterisk’s DSP DTMF decoder.

I am aware of limitations of 1.2 version but it works fine for me.

Just need to learn if indications.conf file is correct and only DTMF input interface in Asterisk.

=========

Bad news, as described below, indications.conf is used by Asterisk to encode, generate DTMF tones but not for DTMF decoding, so I have to usee DTMF dialer for tests and ask my MNO for explanation on DTMF signal transfer via mobile network.

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … tions.conf
"
In short, the settings in indications.conf affect only the tones generated by the Playtones command.

"