Incompetence on telco side configuring Digium card

Dear forum members, I am turning myself to you in hope that I will find some kind of brilliant reflection in my doubts configuring the Digium digital card, namely the TE235. My problem is that there are bunches of staff members on the telco side who don’t even know the kind of network the telco owns.

They have been trying all kinds of combination of configuration until I gave up on them. So, in my desperation, I am turning myself to the forum for help.

I have the following arrangement of equipment: the (DSL) line from PSTN goes in to a CPE (a modem - G.SHDSL Termination Unit Comet 16xx Series ) provided by the telco. This has an outlet port labeled E1, which I connect to the Digium card using a cross-over cable.

At first Asterisk complained a lot on the instability of the signal in a form of datalink-layer-problem. It ultimately stopped after the telco made own test and drew a new line from a closer distribution box. But now, I have the problem of configuring the modem so that it matches the default configuration recommended by the manual for TE235. The problem is that we cannot even come to a common understanding in what framing and signaling mean.

Framing from the telco side means: Framed, Framed with CRC or Unframed along with some more parameters for each. In the process of the configuration, it seems like I have to upload a local profile and local setting at minimum. To give you a better idea, here is a link to the whole manual: https://www.manualslib.com/products/Tainet-Comet-16-Series-10578437.html

I know it can be a huge imposition, but it seems like this is the only option I am left with in addressing the issue. This was supposed to be the first in a series of projects.

Thanks for the help in advance!

You should use Sangoma’s commercial support channels for setup help for Digium cards. I believe you will need the serial number.

Thanks, david551. You mean the serial number to the modem or the Digium card?

I mean the serial number of the Digium card.

I have no direct experience of this. I’m just repeating what I’ve seen here before. My understanding is that the general policy with PCI cards for Asterisk is that the vendor is responsible for supporting the use of the hardware. That is supposed to distinguish genuine Digium/Sangoma products from clones, as Sangoma fund the hosting of this forum.

Also, in practice, I’m not sure if any of the regulars here know anything about the fine details of Dahdi.

Great! Thank you. Really appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.