Incoming call fails "Got SIP response 400 "Malformed SDP""

After upgrading from Asterisk 1.6.4 to 1.8.10, I am now getting an error when accepting an incoming call.

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– Executing [s@incoming_calls:1] Dial(“SIP/sipcall1-00000002”, “SIP/gigaset1,30”) in new stack
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– Called SIP/gigaset1
– SIP/gigaset1-00000003 is ringing
– SIP/gigaset1-00000003 answered SIP/sipcall1-00000002
– Remotely bridging SIP/sipcall1-00000002 and SIP/gigaset1-00000003
– Got SIP response 400 “Malformed SDP” back from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060
== Spawn extension (incoming_calls, s, 1) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/sipcall1-00000002’

As a result, it is now impossible to take any incoming calls from the telephone provider.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get back to the reliable operation that I had with asterisk 1.6.4?

without a SIP trace its hard to see whats coming from the provider… it looks like it is in the re-invite though… so perhaps in your sip.conf for that sip trunk you can directmedia = no and see if not allowing reinvites helps the situation out at all…

-Christopher

[quote=“cadillackid”]without a SIP trace its hard to see whats coming from the provider… it looks like it is in the re-invite though… so perhaps in your sip.conf for that sip trunk you can directmedia = no and see if not allowing reinvites helps the situation out at all…

-Christopher[/quote]

Thanks Christopher,

That little change has done the trick. It is now working again.

I had originally thought to put in the output with sip debugging turned on. The problem is that there is a lot and I have no idea how to output the debugging information, when I connect to the asterisk server with “asterisk -R” to a file.

Regards,
Ian

likely your provider sends something wierd… that the handset doesnt like… the only caveat with directmedia=no is that asterisk is always in the middle of your call… so if you have lots of concurrent calls you can run up the CPU of your asterisk machine pretty quickly depending on its credentials… if it is a beefy machine and you dont hammer it hard i wouldnt worry about it too much
-Christopher