Implementing new Asterisk System

Hi to everyone on this forum, I am Ekrem Fejzullahu-Telecom Engineer from Pristine,Kosovo and I am going to implement an Asterisk server/s for a company which has offices in many cities and I am wondering if anybody is going to help me of:

1.how many servers do I need to implement the complete platform and which is the structure or architecture like e big picture to design better this system in a way of supporting around 2000 extensions…

1. how many servers for call processing, managing interfaces, mailbox, etc.

for the beginning I have bought an IBM server 4GB RAM, 4x 2400 MHz CPU, also VoIP GSM gateway and going to buy other cards like TDM, FXO,FXS for connecting with traditional systems…
but has anybody any advice or suggestion how to do it in better way from your knowledge and experience?, based on needs i gave to you.

There is far too little information to size a system here. I think your options are to look at typical systems, which I believe can be found on voipinfo.org, to make a request in the jobs forum for someone to provide paid consultancy.

thanks anyway for the suggestion but I am asking from somebody that has nearly the same system implemented about the number of the servers and the purposes on which they have configured those servers because I have my idea how to implement it but I need some EXPERIENCE advices…thanks again…

My general advices would be:

• 1 server per branch office (interconnect them with SIP or IAX2)
  • think about using PSTN-VoIP gateways instead of PCI cards

better go with separate server for every 300 extensions and peerring all the servers together with sip or IAx2 trunk.
also consider the bandwidth required. in every location.

[quote=“dejanst”]My general advices would be:

• 1 server per branch office (interconnect them with SIP or IAX2)
  • think about using PSTN-VoIP gateways instead of PCI cards[/quote]

thanks a lot for the suggestion sir…

[quote=“striker24x7”]better go with separate server for every 300 extensions and peerring all the servers together with sip or IAx2 trunk.
also consider the bandwidth required. in every location.[/quote]

thanks a lot i will have in mind the suggestions you made…