How to turn off messages for a specific host or peer

Say, is there a way to turn off the reports coming from a particular IP address, or SIP peer?

I have experimented with deny=ip, but the cli report registration activity.

Thanks again

Hi,

Asterisk doesn’t have control over that layer of the networking stack, so the deny line should only be preventing a host from that IP from authenticating against Asterisk, not connecting to Asterisk.

But how to make it be quiet? I has zero to do with the network stack, and everything to do with asterisk spitting out spam.

There could easily be a setting which does this.

The client is impatient that things aren’t being worked on, everyone gets frustrated that things aren’t happening.

I really do not think I should have to go setup ip tables for this issue, there really should be a way to shut it up in asterisk.

Asterisk is doing the reporting, so Asterisk can be quiet.

[quote=“cuban_cigar”]But how to make it be quiet? I has zero to do with the network stack, and everything to do with asterisk spitting out spam.

There could easily be a setting which does this.
[/quote]

Asterisk is just telling you what’s going on. There is not a setting to disallow reporting of register attempts from a particular IP.

[quote=“cuban_cigar”]
The client is impatient that things aren’t being worked on, everyone gets frustrated that things aren’t happening.

I really do not think I should have to go setup ip tables for this issue, there really should be a way to shut it up in asterisk.

Asterisk is doing the reporting, so Asterisk can be quiet.[/quote]

Change the settings in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf if you don’t like what’s being reported, but you can’t filter out registration attempt NOTICES based on IP.

Patches for new features are always welcome.

Cheers.