How to Hangup Everyone?

I could do this now in the Dialplan using a global variable to list all the extensions to issue a softHangup to but would prefer to work on the active channels only.
With some Googling I found an interesting way to do this using awk by requesting and parsing active channels but cannot get it to work in 1.8
Here is what I have and I am using sip channels exclusively:

exten => 5555,1,Set(CHAN=${SHELL(asterisk -rx “core show channels” |awk -F’-’ -vORS=’&’ ’ /^SIP/ {print $1}’)
exten => s,n,SoftHangup(${CHAN})

The first line is trying to build a variable from the first part ( pre hyphen) of each channel row in core show channels that starts with ‘SIP’ as in sip/1234-xxxxxxx and join them together in one line - something like sip/1234&sip/2345&sip/3456 and set a variable

Does anyone have a working version of this? I can see it being useful for other global tasks too

Thanks

Bill

CLI: core stop now
CLI: core restart now

What are you trying to achieve by hanging up everyone?

Why do I want to hang up everybody?

In our system, certain users can Page everyone for security reasons.
For serious issues, I want to give them the ability to dump any existing calls before paging to ensure that all extensions get their page.

A soft hangup to Global variable ‘ALL’ everyone will achive this but if I can do it by detecting who is busy right now then :
a) I dont try to hang up all extensions - just those in use
b) Configuration is easier since if I add another extension, I won’t have to edit my global variable since it will show up as a channel

Bill

try using the command “core show hints” this show you the state of extension: idle, inuse,unavailable. Then selec all inuse and hangup them.

hints have to be declared in the dialplan before Asterisk can make the device to extension translation.

That gets me right back to the same issue - how to parse a CLI command and run the result in Dialplan.
It seems just as easy ( or hard) for me to parse Core show channels as it is to parse Core show hints

Bill

Using linux console is relative easy:

#asterisk -rx 'core show channels' >> canales.txt #cat canales.txt | awk '{print $1}' | grep SIP/ SIP/1401-00001077 SIP/1401-00001539 SIP/1401-00000ca9 SIP/1401-000010fb SIP/1401-000006b1 SIP/1401-000011e7

Then you can open the text file an use foreach for ‘hangup request $line’.

You don’t want >>, as you will get duplicates after the first run, and file that continually grows.

The cat is redundant.

Actually the file is redundant.

#asterisk -rx ‘core show channels’ | awk ‘{print $1}’ | grep SIP/

(The grep is also redundant, as awk can do that, although the total number of characters in the command may be more.)

Its only an example if you have a better example post it.