How to Grab a diverted call that has been answered

If the Asterisk transfers an incoming call ( for desktop voip extension) to my cell phone over a service provider trunk. There are times when I walk back into the office, where I would like to return to talking on my voip phone rather than on the cell phone for the remainder of the call …

What I would like, is to go to my local voip phone, dial a number and grab the call back, disconnecting the trunk and call leg to my cell phone, and continuing the call on my voip phone.

I have tried a number of techniques with using holds and placing the call in a meeting but none of them are easy to manage …

Additionally on the cell phone there is a Asterisk dial feature where I can divert the call back from the cell phone by entering *, then allowing the dial plan access to transfer - but, simplicity is what I am trying to provide here…

Is there a simple approach to return a call that has completed to an external provider trunk, and while a transfer is theoretically simple it disconnects the call for a period of time while transferring it. I would like to not interrupt the conversation with the remote party - who preferable does not even notice the change. Thereby complete a call on the voip phone which is generally clearer.

thank you

Jeremy