How to enable multi-call appearance / multi-ext calls?

I’m trying to figure out how to configure an extension (currently a Sipura SPA-841) to be capable of receiving multiple calls concurrently. For instance I’d like to be able to either be on a call and have another call ring in on a second line appearance. Currently if I’m on a call, any subsequent call to the same extension number receives a busy signal (reorder tone.) I’ve searched around and not been able to stumble on the answer but I have to think I’m using incorrect terms for the search as this is such basic functionality.

On a side note I have used both the Grandstream phone and this SPA-841 and for the money this Sipura is hands down a better product. The only feature I wish it had was the multiple ethernet ports to use the phone as a pass-through for a PC.

Any help on the question above is appreciated.

I managed to resolve this one myself with help from the following links:

voxilla.com/PNphpBB2-printview-t … art-0.html
(I didn’t use this exact approach but it pointed me in the right direction)

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … ominglimit
(I didn’t go this route- I’m not convinced the mechanism is well understood but I leave it here for future reference.)

voipuser.org/forum_topic_3965.html
(I did use this configuration which didn’t work initially but I believe it was configured correctly as I noticed when looking at the * logs it recognized a response from the phone indicating no more calls could be received. Once I made changes similar to the voxilla link above the scenario worked properly.)

[quote=“ellives”]I’m trying to figure out how to configure an extension (currently a Sipura SPA-841) to be capable of receiving multiple calls concurrently. For instance I’d like to be able to either be on a call and have another call ring in on a second line appearance. Currently if I’m on a call, any subsequent call to the same extension number receives a busy signal (reorder tone.) I’ve searched around and not been able to stumble on the answer but I have to think I’m using incorrect terms for the search as this is such basic functionality.

On a side note I have used both the Grandstream phone and this SPA-841 and for the money this Sipura is hands down a better product. The only feature I wish it had was the multiple ethernet ports to use the phone as a pass-through for a PC.

Any help on the question above is appreciated.[/quote]