How to dial from console in asterisk 13

How to dial from console in asterisk 13 like we use to do in asterisk 11

console dial 123

Should be the same, did you compiled the channel?

I am working on pjsip when I run the command module reload chan*

I only found chan_iax.so, so i guess this is the problem so should I have chan_pjsip.so? right

Sorry actually reload i guess does not support showing pjsip

but when I ran the below command it shows
localhost*CLI> module load chan_pjsip.so
Unable to load module chan_pjsip.so
Command 'module load chan_pjsip.so ’ failed.
[Sep 14 00:52:07] WARNING[7283]: loader.c:1077 load_resource: Module ‘chan_pjsip.so’ already exists.

so any guess what can be the issue?

Now I’m confused, you want to load PJSIP or Console channel? It are different, if you want to use console dial be sure that you have compiled and loaded chan_console.

Sorry I thought console dial works only if chan_pjsip loaded.

I have 2 Asterisk box one is having asterisk 11.4 in which chan_console is not loaded still console dial is working fine but
on the other hand I have asterisk box with 13.13 same chan_console showing XXX so it means no chan_channel compiled and loaded and no console dial is working in cli

Why it is so? can you please suggest if am missing out out something

You need to install the dependency for chan_console, it is shown in the bottom left corner when you highlight the channel. Or you can install all the dependencies with the install_prereq script located in the contrib folder inside the sources.

I have installed the dependencies with the
./install_prereq install

Usage: ./install_prereq install Really install.

Complete!
#############################################
## install completed successfully
#############################################

Still no LUCK!

And did you ran the configure script, compile again, restart asterisk and load the channel??

Thanks @navaismo I have configured and enabled chan_console then loaded but why it is working in 11.4 if chan_console is disabled in menuselect.

Anyways Thanks Once Again…

No idea, maybe was a module from the previous version.

Yeah may be…Great Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @navaismo,

One strange thing is happening that every time I restarts my server I have to load the chan_console, is it the way it works in new version?

Edit your modules.conf and check if by the directive noload is used by that channel, if not just add the load directive.

Ok I did preload so any difference in load and preload?

The sample doc says:

; Any modules that need to be loaded before the Asterisk core has been
; initialized (just after the logger has been initialized) can be loaded
; using ‘preload’. This will frequently be needed if you wish to map all
; module configuration files into Realtime storage, since the Realtime
; driver will need to be loaded before the modules using those configuration
; files are initialized.

preload
Indicates that a module should be loaded at the beginning of the module load order. This directive is much less relevant than it used to be; modules now have a load priority built into them that solves the problems that this directive was previously used to solved

load
Defines a module that should be loaded. This directive is only relevant if autoload is set to no.

This is how you should dial console dial 101@contextname If you dont specify the context name it will look up for the extension on the default context